ChatGPT is a chatbot launched by OpenAI in November 2022. It is built on top of OpenAI’s GPT-3 family of large language models and is fine-tuned with both supervised and reinforcement learning techniques. It was founded by Elon Musk and Sam Altman in 2015 in San Francisco, California. In this read, you will learn how to fix 403 Forbidden on ChatGPT.
How to Fix 403 Forbidden on ChatGPT?
Many users have reported that they are seeing an error message stating, “403 Forbidden” on ChatGPT. The 403 Error means that the API request you are trying to make is not allowed. In this article, we have added the ways by which you can fix the issue.
Connect to a VPN
Try connecting to a VPN because if your country is not supported by OpenAI then you need to connect to a VPN (Virtual Private Network) and use a server location where the service is available like the US, UK, etc. as a VPN helps you bypass geographical restrictions and access the API from a different location.
After connecting to a VPN, close and reopen the website and you should be able to access it without any issues.
However, if you are accessing the ChatGPT after being connected to a VPN then you need to disable the VPN in order to use the service without any issues.
Clear the Browser’s Cache
Some users have reported that clearing the browser’s cache helps you in resolving the problem. Follow the below steps to clear the Google Chrome cache.
1. Open the Google Chrome browser on your PC.
2. Type chrome://settings/clearBrowserData in the search bar then hit enter and you will be redirected to the clear browsing data page.
3. In the Advanced tab, set the time for All time.
4. Select the checkbox for Cookies and other site data & cached images and files.
5. Now, click on the Clear data option and confirm it.
After this, close the Chrome browser then open it again and your issue should be fixed.
Re-Login to ChatGPT
You can also try re-login to ChatGPT as many Reddit users have reported that logging in again to ChatGPT helps them in fixing the problem. Follow the below steps to do so.
1. Click on Log Out from the sidebar to log out of your account.
2. Once logged out, enter your login credentials to log in again.
Use a Different Browser
You can also try accessing ChatGPT from a different browser. Also, if you are using ChatGPT on a desktop, access it from your mobile or vice versa.
Check if OpenAI is down
1. Open status.openai.com in a browser and check the status.
2. A green bar means that the service is fully operational.
3. If there are red, orange, or light green bars, it means that there’s an outage.
4. If it’s down, you need to wait for a few hours before using it again.
Conclusion: Fix 403 Forbidden on ChatGPT
So, these are the ways by which you can fix 403 Forbidden on ChatGPT. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
For more related articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick & latest updates.
You May Also Like: