How to find archived emails in Gmail on iPhone, PC, Android, Retrieve archived emails in Gmail, Move archived emails to inbox in Gmail, Where to find archived emails, Undo archived emails, Can’t find archived Gmail, How do I retrieve archived emails –
Gmail is a popular email service provided by Google. It is a widely used platform with millions of active users. Gmail is available for both mobile and web versions.
Many times, we want to see emails that we archived previously. For the unaware, users archive emails as they don’t want to delete them but they think it’s useful for them in the future and are not important for them currently.
So, if you are also one of those who want to find the archived emails in Gmail or want to save an email for the future by archiving it, you just need to read the article till the end as we have covered all the topics.
How to Archive an Email on Gmail?
First of all, let’s see how we can archive an email on Gmail before finding an archived email as most people don’t how to move an email in the archive folder.
Here’s how you can do it on your mobile and PC.
- Select an email or multiple emails.
- Click on the Archive button that appears in the menu.
- The Archive button is the same for all the platforms like iPhone, iPad, Android, and even for the Gmail website.
- Alternatively, if you using the mobile app of Gmail, you can archive it by sliding the email to the left. Once done, a pop-up by which you can undo it if you think you have mistakenly done it.
Done, you have successfully archived the email. Once done, the email will disappear from the Inbox folder.
How to Find Archived Emails in Gmail?
Now, we have seen how we can archive an email on Gmail, it’s time to find emails we have archived.
Note that, there is no dedicated archive folder or label in the Gmail. This is the reason why it might be difficult for most users to find it but it’s not that complicated. Follow the steps mentioned below to find it.
Using the Search Box
The easiest way to find the archived emails in Gmail is by using the search box. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Gmail on your device.
- Click on the search box at the top.
- Here, type a few words that you know appears in the email subject or sender’s name.
- After typing, hit enter or Ok.
It will show the emails that contain similar words or names.
Using All Mail
One of the ways to find archived emails is by using the All Mail folder on Gmail via your mobile or PC.
Any archived email in Gmail automatically moved to the All Mail label. This folder contains all mail from your inbox and outbox as well all your drafts. Here’s how you can find it.
- Open the Gmail website or App on your device.
- Click on More if you are using Gmail on PC and select All Mail (on the mobile app, you will find the All Mail folder in the menu section).
- In this folder, you will find all your emails including Drafts.
Done, you have successfully found the archived emails on Gmail. However, if you have a large number of emails you will have to go through all of them to find the one you are looking for.
Using the Advanced Search Filters
You can also use the advanced Gmail search filters to search for archived emails by searching for the email which is not in the inbox or draft or sent or chat. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Gmail App or gmail.com on your device.
- Click on the search box placed at the top.
- Type the following filter in the search box.
has:nouserlabels -in:Sent -in:Chat -in:Draft -in:Inbox.
- It will then show you the emails that are not in the Inbox, Draft, Chat, and Sent folder.
Note: This method is not foolproof, but it should help you if you are not able to find archived emails in the All Mail folder as it may contain a lot of emails.
Conclusion: Find Archived Emails in Gmail
So, these are the ways to find archived emails in Gmail. Also, we have listed the steps to archive a mail on Gmail for those who don’t know how to do it. We hope the article helped you in doing so.
You can easily retrieve emails in Gmail on both mobile and PC. To do so, find the archived mail, then press and hold the email and tap Move to Inbox to unarchive it.
When you archive an email on Gmail, the platform will remove the Inbox label from them means it will not be accessible in the Inbox folder. Instead, you will find them on the All Mail label with all other emails.
There are two methods by which you can easily find archived emails. Either you can search for specific mail, or by searching it on the All Mail label.