Download WhatsApp Status, How to Download WhatsApp Video Status of another user, Save WhatsApp Status of another user, How to Save WhatsApp Status Video, Download Status Instantly –
WhatsApp, a popular messaging platform owned by Facebook, had launched the Status feature back in 2017 after taking inspiration from Snapchat and Instagram’s stories.
With this feature, users can share photos, videos, GIFs, texts, and links. WhatsApp Status is a status update that disappears after 24 hours of uploading it.
In order to see the status of your contacts or if they want to see your status, you and your contacts must have each other’s phone numbers saved on the phone. Many times, people liked someone’s status and want to download it on their phone. When it comes to photos, people take screenshots but that does not work for videos.
So, in this article, we are going to tell you the best way to download anyone’s status on your device without asking them. Here’s how you can download WhatsApp Status on your smartphone!
Download WhatsApp Status
WhatsApp officially does not allow users to download the status set by their contacts. However, there are methods by which you can download the status of your contacts whether it is an image or video.
Using Google Files App
This is very simple for downloading status videos. Below is the step-by-step method to save the WhatsApp status of your contacts without letting them know.
- First of all, Download Google Files App on your smartphone from Google Play Store.
- Open the Google Files app, and click on three lines menu (or hamburger menu) in the top left side.
- Click on the Settings option.
- Turn on the toggle for the “Show Hidden Files” option.
- Now, Close the app, and again open Google Files App.
- Click on “Browse” option in the bottom menu.
- Scroll Down, and click on Internal Storage.
- Now, Scroll down and open the WhatsApp folder.
- Go to the Media and then click on Statuses folder.
- In the Statuses folder, you will see all the active statuses which you have seen.
- Open the status (photo or video) that you are looking for.
- Now, click on three-dot menu in the top right side, and then click on copy option and then save the file to any folder.
- Done, the status will be successfully saved on your smartphone.
Using this method, you can easily save the status on your smartphone. These steps can differ from one Android device to another. But in most of the cases, you will find it as mentioned in the steps.
Without Any Application
You can also download status without Installing Google Files app. But this method does not work on all smartphones. So, check if this will work on your device or not.
- Open File Manager on your smartphone.
- Go to the Settings option.
- Here, you will see the ‘Hidden Files’ option.
- If you see the Hidden Files options, turn on the toggle.
- Now, search WhatsApp folder in the File Manager.
- Go to the Media and then Statuses folder.
- If you are not seeing it, Go to Media >> com.whatsapp >> WhatsApp >> Media >> .Statuses
- Here, you will see all the active statuses which you have seen.
- From, here you can copy it and paste it somewhere else.
- Done, the status will be saved to your device.
So, these are the ways by which you can download WhatsApp status on your smartphone easily. If you like the article and think it will be helpful for others, share it with your friends and family. Further, if you have any questions, do let us know in the comments below.