Wondering how to Disconnect my Instagram Account From Facebook and Remove all the previously shared posts, How Do I Unlink my two Meta accounts from the Instagram app –
Facebook and Instagram are one of the most popular social media platforms owned by Meta. Both of them are widely used services that have millions of active users around the world.
Meta allows users to link their Instagram accounts with Facebook so that users can share their posts on both social media at once. However, some users don’t like the linking of these platforms and want to unlink their accounts.
So, if you are also one of those who want to disconnect your Instagram account from Facebook, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to do so.
How to Disconnect Your Instagram Account From Facebook and Remove All Shared Posts?
There are many benefits of unlinking or disconnecting the accounts. In this article, we have added the step-by-step guide by which you can unlink your account and remove all the posts shared on Facebook.
Disconnect Instagram from Facebook
You can easily unlink your account from Android or iOS devices. Here’s how you can do it from the Instagram app.
- Open the Instagram app on your device.
- Click on your profile picture at the bottom right side to open your profile feed.
- Tap on the three-lines or hamburger menu at the top right side and select Settings.
- Click on Accounts Centre right below the Meta logo.
- On the next page, click on Accounts under Account Settings.
- Click on Remove next to the Facebook profile you want to remove.
- Tap on Continue then tap on Remove to disconnect your account.
Done, you have successfully unlinked your account. Now, when you share new posts on Instagram, it will not share on Facebook.
Remove Instagram Posts from Facebook
If you want to remove your Instagram Posts that you have shared previously on Facebook, you can also do it with one click. Here’s how you can do it from the Facebook app on your Android or iPhone device.
- Open the Facebook app on your Android or iOS device.
- Click on the three-lines or hamburger menu next to the notifications icon.
- Go to the Settings.
- Tap on Activity Log under Your Facebook Information.
- Click on the down-drop icon next to Your Posts and choose Posts from Other Apps.
- Here, you will see all the posts you have shared on the platform from other apps such as Instagram.
- Select all the posts you want to remove then tap on Recycle Bin icon to remove them (if you want to remove a single post, then tap on the three-dots icon next to the post and choose Recycle Bin).
Done, you have successfully removed all the posts which you have shared from Instagram previously and Facebook will send them to the trash folder and then delete them after 30 days.
So, these are the ways by which you can unlink your Instagram account from Facebook. We hope the article helped you in disconnecting the accounts and keeping your accounts separate.
For more articles and updates, do Follow us on Social Media now and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.
Yes, you can also unlink your Instagram account from Facebook. To do so, open the Facebook app >> Tap on the hamburger menu and select settings >> Scroll down to the bottom and tap on Accounts Centre >> Tap on Accounts under Accounts Settings >> Click on Remove next to your Instagram Account >> Finally, confirm it by tapping on Remove.
To connect your Instagram account with Facebook, open the Instagram app >> Tap on your profile picture >> Click on the hamburger menu and select Settings >> Click on Accounts Centre >> Tap on Accounts under Account Settings >> Click on Add Account and finish the setup.
No, as of now, you only share your Instagram posts to Facebook and can not share Facebook posts to Instagram, though the capability is rumored to be coming. However, if you have a Facebook business page, you can use the Meta Business Suite to share Facebook posts on Instagram.
You May Also Like:
How to Add More than One Picture to an Instagram Story?
How to Lock Your Facebook Profile?