Remove Shorts Videos from the main YouTube Application, How to Disable YouTube Shorts in the YouTube App, Disable Shorts Video Vanced App, Remove Short on iPhone or iPad or Android –
Google introduced the YouTube Shorts, a micro video module similar to the Instagram Reels or TikTok videos to their main YouTube application. Most users are not happy with the integration of Shorts videos in the main YouTube app and want to disable Shorts videos in the YouTube application. Hopefully, there are ways to disable it.
So, if you are also one of those who want to remove the Shorts video from the YouTube application, read the article till the end as we have listed the ways to do so.
Why Shorts should be Removed from the YouTube App?
From a company’s perspective, it was good that the short videos were integrated within the main YouTube application, as users don’t have to download any separate app to watch short videos.
However, for many users, the integration of Short videos with the main YouTube application may be annoying as even if they don’t want to see a short video, it may appear on the homepage.
So, we have listed some ways by which you can remove short videos from the main YouTube application on your Android or iOS device.
How to Disable YouTube Shorts in the YouTube App?
YouTube introduced YouTube Shorts back in Sep 2020, starting with India, which later expanded to the US back in March 2021, and went globally in July 2021.
Now, people want to remove or disable YouTube Shorts in the YouTube App. However, there is no official way to remove the YouTube shorts from the YouTube App. But, there are some workaround ways to disable the YouTube shorts from the YouTube app on Android or iOS devices.
Disable YouTube Shorts from Home Page
The easiest way to remove Shorts video from the home page of the YouTube app is to mark all the videos as Not Interested. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the YouTube App on your Android or iOS device.
- Here, you will find the Shorts videos with three-dots at the top-right side of the video.
- Click on the three dots and select Not Interested and the video will be removed.
- Repeat the steps till all the videos disappear.
- Once done, they will not reappear even refreshing the home feed.
Kindly note, there is some drawback to this option. You need to select Not Interested for all the shorts videos manually, which can take some time.
Since most creators post both regular and short videos, you may find their short videos in your feed even after removing them manually. As YouTube automatically shows the short videos based on your viewing preference, you may see the short videos from creators you are subscribed for.
Remove Shorts by using YouTube in Browser
The other way to get rid of YouTube shorts is to use the mobile browser or desktop browser to visit YouTube and watch videos. As of now, the YouTube on the browser does not contain the Shorts videos.
Here’s how you can do it on your device.
- Open a web browser on your device.
- Visit the YouTube official website (YouTube.com).
Done, now use YouTube in the web browser and you do not see the Shorts videos.
Downgrading YouTube App
If you want to remove the Shorts videos tab with the Shorts tab option in the YouTube application you need to downgrade the app version to 14.12.56 or below or uninstall the app updates. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Settings on your device.
- Go to Apps and then Manage Apps or All Apps.
- Click on YouTube and you will land on the App Info page.
- Alternatively, you can also open the App Info page from the home screen. To do so, tap and hold the YouTube app and click on the ‘i’ icon.
- Click on Uninstall Updates to downgrade to lower versions.
- You can also download the YouTube version 14.12.56 from here.
Done, this will remove the Shorts Tab from the main application of YouTube and also remove all the Shorts Videos from the app.
Use Moded YouTube App
You can also disable YouTube Shorts is by using moded YouTube apps like YouTube Vanced. It is a customized version of the YouTube app with some features like disabling ads, removing Shorts, stories without any charge. Here’s how you can use it.
- Download the YouTube Vanced App.
- Once installed, open the app and go to Settings.
- Click on the Vanced Settings and select Ad Settings.
- Here, you will see a Shorts shelf option.
- Turn on the toggle for the Shorts shelf.
- Done, it will disable the YouTube Shorts from the home screen.
- If you want to remove the Shorts tab from the bottom, Go to Settings >> Vanced Settings >> Layout Settings >>Turn on the toggle for Comments location (Alpha).
Done, you have successfully removed the Shorts videos with the Shorts tab at the bottom.
Conclusion: Disable YouTube Shorts in YouTube App
So, these are the ways by which you can remove YouTube Shorts Video from the main YouTube app. However, there is no official way to enable or disable the Shorts. We hope the article helps you in removing Shorts videos on YouTube.