How to stop chat backup in WhatsApp, Disable WhatsApp local backup on android, Remove WhatsApp backup in iOS, Turn off WhatsApp backup Samsung, How to Disable WhatsApp Chat Backup on iPhone or Android –
WhatsApp is one of the popular instant messaging owned by Meta (formerly known as Facebook Inc). It is a widely used platform with millions of active users globally.
The platform has a backup option that backs up and uploads all your chats and data to the cloud. However, some people don’t want to use this feature as it consumes a lot of cloud storage.
How to Disable WhatsApp Chat Backup on iPhone or Android?
If you are running out of your cloud storage on your device, or don’t want to take backups of your chats, you can easily disable it. Here’s how you can turn off WhatsApp Chat Backup on your device.
Turn off Chat Backup on iPhone
You can easily stop WhatsApp Chat Backup on your iPhone and prevent it from occupying your storage on iCloud. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the WhatsApp App on your device.
- Click on the Settings at the bottom-right side.
- Tap on Chats then selects Chat Backup.
- Here, you will see an Auto Backup option, tap on it and change it to Off.
- Further, if you don’t want to disable the backup completely but want to save your cloud storage, you can return to the previous menu and turn off the toggle for the Include Videos option.
- If you want to take a backup every once in a while, head back to the same menu and select the Back Up Now option manually.
You can also stop the backup from the iPhone Settings. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Settings App on your device.
- Click on your name at the top then tap on iCloud.
- Here, turn off the toggle for WhatsApp.
Done, you have successfully disabled the WhatsApp Chat Backup on iPhone. Now, if want to delete an existing backup from iCloud which has already backup a lot of data. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open Settings App >> Click on your name at the top >> Select iCloud.
- Click on Manage Storage then tap on WhatsApp Messenger from the list of given apps.
- Here, click on Delete Data and confirm it.
Done, your existing backup data will be deleted successfully.
Turn off Chat Backup on Android
You can also stop WhatsApp Chat Backup on your Android device. We have listed the step-by-step to do so. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the WhatsApp App on your Android device.
- Click on the three-dots icon at the top and select Settings.
- Here, click on the Chats then choose Chat Backup.
- Tap on Back up to Google Drive and select Never.
It will stop all automatic backups on WhatsApp to your Google Drive. Further, you can also disable it from Google Drive. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Google Drive App on your Android device.
- Click on the three-line menu at the top-left side and select Backups.
- Here, you should see WhatsApp Backup, click on the three-dots next to it.
- Tap on the Turn off this Backup or Delete Backup.
Done, this will turn off the automatic backups of your WhatsApp on an Android device.
Conclusion: Disable WhatsApp Chat Backup
So, these are the ways to turn off WhatsApp Chat Backup on your Android and iOS device. If you don’t want WhatsApp to regularly back up your chats and media, this is a good way to save your Cloud storage. We hope the article helped you in disabling chat backup.
Further, you can take a backup manually whenever you want before switching to a new phone or before uninstalling WhatsApp.
You can easily disable iCloud chat backup. To do so, open Settings on your device >> Tap on your name >> Select iCloud >> Turn off the toggle for WhatsApp to disable it.
WhatsApp Chat Backup includes all the messages and media files (photos, videos, GIFs, documents, etc) you receive via direct messages group messages.
You can easily check the storage occupied by WhatsApp backup on your iPhone. To check it, open Settings >> Tap on your name >> Click on iCloud >> Select Manage Storage >> Look for WhatsApp and you will see the storage occupied next to it.
You can easily disable WhatsApp chat backup on your Android device. To do so, open WhatsApp >> Click on three-dots and select Settings >> Tap on Chats >> Select Chat backup >> Choose Back up to Google Drive >> From the given options, click on Never to disable it.