Delete Telegram Account on iPhone or Android, How to kill Telegram account Permanently on mobile, Telegram Account Deleted Automatically, How to Delete Your Telegram Account –
Telegram has billions of active users around the world and it’s one of the true rivals of the popular instant messaging app, WhatsApp.
However, if you are not using it and the application is taking up space on your device then you must think to delete your Telegram account before uninstalling the application from your phone.
So, if you are also one of those who want to delete your Telegram account, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to do so.
How to Delete Your Telegram Account?
There are many reasons why you want to delete Telegram whether you don’t have any friends to chat with on the platform or you don’t trust the services that Telegram is offering. So, whatever the reason be, we have listed the steps to deactivate your account.
However, Telegram does not have a direct option to delete it. So, follow the step-by-step guide we have listed in the article to do so.
Turn on Self-Destructs
You can not deactivate your Telegram account temporarily. The only choice you have is to simply leave your Telegram profile inactive. If it helps, you can uninstall the Telegram apps from your device.
By default, Telegram deletes your account automatically if it’s inactive for six months. However, you can change this setting for your account and set it to a month or three months, or a year.
To change it follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the Telegram App on your device.
- Navigate to the Settings (on Android, click on the hamburger menu or three lines at the top and choose Settings).
- Under Settings, go to Privacy and Security.
- Here, you will see a Delete my account section, click on the “if away for” option under Delete my account and choose account self-destructs time.
- Now, once remain inactive for chosen time, Telegram will automatically delete your account.
Delete Your Account Manually
If you want to delete your account immediately, you can also do it. Here’s how you can delete your account on your mobile.
- Open the Telegram App on your phone.
- Go to Settings (on Android, click on the three-line menu at the top and choose Settings).
- Here you will see a Telegram FAQs option under the Help section, tap on it.
- Under Your Account section, click on Delete Your Telegram Account.
- Here, you will find a deactivation page link, tap on it.
- Alternatively, you can directly open the deactivation link by visiting: my.telegram.org/auth
- Enter your Telegram phone number using the international number format and tap Next.
- Telegram will then send you a confirmation code via Telegram and not by SMS.
- Enter the confirmation code and click on the Delete Your Account option.
- Finally, confirm it by tapping on Yes, Delete My Account in the Are You Sure prompt message.
Done, you have successfully deleted your Telegram account permanently.
Conclusion: Delete Your Telegram Account
So, these are the steps by which you can delete your Telegram account on mobile and PC. We hope the article helped you in deleting your account.
After deleting your account, all your data will be removed from Telegram’s system. Deletion of a Telegram account is irreversible which means if you sign up again, you will appear as a new user and will not get your data back. People, who have your phone number in their contacts, will be notified. The new user will be displayed as a separate conversation in their messages list and their conversation history with this new user will be empty.
Yes, you can kill your account from the mobile application of Telegram. The steps are slightly different for Android and iPhone. Follow the steps to delete your account.
If you are logged in to your Telegram account, you can easily delete it from your iPhone. To do so, open the app on your phone and navigate to Settings. Tap on Telegram FAQs then chooses to Delete Your Account.
By default, Telegram deletes your account automatically if it’s inactive for six months. However, you can change this time limit for your account under Settings.