Delete All Messages on Facebook Messenger, How to Delete Messages at once on Android, Permanently Delete Messages of Facebook Messenger, How to Delete Facebook Messages, Delete Facebook Messenger Messages Desktop –
Facebook Messenger is one of the popular instant messaging platforms owned by Meta. In the platform, basically, you can send or receive messages to your Facebook Friends.
Sometimes, people want to delete the messages we sent on Messenger due to some reason or they have sent the wrong message or sent it to the wrong person.
Hopefully, Facebook has an option by which you can delete a single message or entire chat on your desktop or smartphone. So, if you also want to delete messages on Messenger, read the article till the end as we have listed the step-by-step guide to do it.
How to Delete Messages on Facebook Messenger?
On the Messenger App
In the messenger application, you can either delete a single message or can delete the whole conversation. If you delete the whole conversation, all the messages including files will delete for that particular person. Here’s how you can delete the whole conversation.
- Open the Facebook Messenger application on your device.
- Swipe left on the chat you want to delete (or if you are a Android user, press and hold down and select Red trash or detele icon).
- Select More and click on the Delete option.
- Now, it will show a popup message, Are you sure you want to permanently delete this conversation.
- Click on the Delete button to delete the chat.
Done, the conversation will be deleted. However, if you want to delete a particular message or media file, below are the steps by which you can do it.
- Open the chat and head over to the message you want to delete.
- Press and hold on to the message or media file.
- Click on the More at the bottom right side.
- Now, click on the Unsend option.
- Here, you will see two options: Unsend for everyone and Unsend for you.
- Unsend for everyone will remove the message for everyone in the chat while Unsend for you will remove the message for you but it still be visible to others in the conversation.
- Click on the option which you want.
However, you will be able to remove the message to everyone, if you take the action within 10 minutes of sending the message. If you click on the Unsend button after 10 minutes of sending the message, you will only be able to see Unsend for you button.
On the Desktop
- Open the facebook.com in any browser.
- Click on the Message icon at the top right side and then select See All in Messenger.
Now, if you want to delete the whole conversation of any particular chat, here’s how you can do it.
- Hover to the conversation and you will see three-dots at the right side.
- Click on three-dots icon placed at the right side.
- Select Delete Chat and then confirm it by tapping Delete Chat.
Done, you have successfully deleted the entire conversation of a chat. If you want to delete a message or media file from a chat, below are the steps to do it.
- Open the conversation.
- Head over to the message or media file you want to delete.
- Hover to the message and click on three dots.
- After that, click on the Remove.
- Now, you will get two options: Unsend for everyone and Remove for you.
- Choose an option and click Remove to delete that particular message.
So, these are all the ways by which you can Delete Messages on Facebook Messenger on the desktop or Facebook Messenger mobile app. We hope this helped you in deleting messages.
If you like the article and it helps you in deleting the messages, share it with your friends and family. Further, if you have any questions, do let us know in the comments below.
Stay Tuned for more informative articles and updates. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.