In late 2018, it was reported that there was a security flaw in the Instagram ‘Download Your Data’ feature, which leaked the passwords of lots of users in plain text.
After this flaw, Instagram announces that only a small number of users were at risk and the issue had been swiftly resolved.
However, there are a number of other ways Instagram poses a threat to your privacy. If you want to stay private, you might be considering deleting your Instagram Account.
Here’s how you can temporarily disable or permanently delete your account on Facebook-owned Instagram.
Delete your Instagram Account
You can’t temporarily disable or permanently delete your account from the Instagram app. You can only disable or deactivate your account from a computer or mobile browser.
When you delete your account, your profile, photos, videos, comments, likes, and followers will be permanently removed.
If you’d just like to take a break, you can temporarily disable your account instead.
When you temporarily disable your account your profile, photos, comments, and likes will be hidden until you reactivate it.
Delete your Instagram Account Permanently
- First of all, go to Delete your account page from a mobile or computer browser
- Logged into Instagram on the browser if you are not logged in.
- Now, select an option/reason from the list
- After selecting an option enter your Instagram Password and Click on Delete
After 30 days of your account deletion request, your account and all your information will be permanently deleted.
It may take up to 90 days from the beginning of the deletion process to delete all the things you’ve posted. While we’re deleting this information, it’s not accessible to other people using Instagram.
Temporarily Disable Instagram Account
- Log into instagram.com from a computer
- Click your profile picture in the top right and click on Profile
- Now, Click on the Edit Profile option
- Scroll down, and click on Temporarily disable my account in the bottom right
- Now, select an option/reason from the list and enter your Instagram password.
- Finally, Click Temporarily Disable Account
You will be able to log into your account to temporarily disable it.