Facebook is the largest social media platform in the world with approximately 2.9 billion active users every month.
However, we have been continuously seeing from the past few years that Facebook is secretly collecting, storing, and selling our data.
We are also seeing the data leaked of millions of Facebook users from the past few years.
The privacy concern for the social media platform is very high. Facebook is collecting the personal data of millions of Facebook users without their consent.
So, you might want to delete your Facebook account permanently. After deleting it, you will not able to retrieve the data you have shared on Facebook.
Here’s how you can delete it in easy steps.
How to Delete Facebook Permanently
- First of all, go to ‘Setting & Privacy’, click on that.
- Click on the ‘Setting’ option.
- Here you can see ‘Your Facebook Information’, click on it
- At the bottom, you can see ‘Deactivation and Deletion’, click on that.
- Select ‘Deactivate account Permanently’ and click on continue to account deactivation.
- Here, enter your Facebook Password and click on continue.
- Choose any reason from the given and click continue.
- Done, your account deletion process starts and it takes up to 90 days.
It generally takes up to 90 days to delete your account permanently from its servers.
Facebook still gives you one month grace period time to re-activate your account. At that time, you can log in back to your account to stop the deletion process.
- Should I delete my Facebook Account permanently?
Yes, you can delete your account permanently. After deleting your account, you will re-activate it within 30 days by log into your account to stop the deletion process.
- Can a deleted Account be hacked?
No, once your account will be deleted permanently, no one can hack your account.
- Does deleting Facebook delete all your data?
Yes, after deleting your account permanently, you will not able to retrieve the data, and people will not able to see your Facebook profile.
- Can I cancel my account deletion?
To cancel your deletion process log into your Facebook account within 30 days and click on Cancel Deletion.
- Can I use Messenger after deleting the account?
No, after deleting your account you will not able to use Facebook Messenger.
- Do my sent messages visible to friends?
Yes, messages that you sent to friends, may still be visible to them after you delete your account. Copies of messages you have sent are stored in your friends’ inboxes.
- Can I reactivate my permanently deleted account after one year?
No, you will not able to reactivate your account after one year. You can only reactivate yours within 30 days.
1 thought on “How to delete Facebook Account Permanently?”