Delete All Media from Particular WhatsApp Chat without losing Messages, How to delete only media files from a WhatsApp Group or chat, How to Delete All Media from One Particular WhatsApp Chat or Group, Delete all the media files except text messages on WhatsApp –
WhatsApp is a popular instant messaging platform owned by Meta. In the platform, users can send text messages, photos, videos, GIFs, documents files, audio messages, and more.
We have some peoples in our contact list who share large media files from time to time. All these media files are automatically downloaded and stored in our devices which consume a large amount of our device’s storage.
However, sometimes we don’t want to clear the whole chat or delete the chat because we need the messages that the person sent us. Also, Deleting these media files via our gallery is not an easy task and it also takes so much of our time.
So, if you are also facing the same problem, we have a solution for you by which you can delete all the media from one particular chat or group without deleting the messages of that chat or group.
Delete All Media from One Particular WhatsApp Chat or Group
WhatsApp has a ‘Manage Storage’ feature by which you can find which chat or group is using how much of your device storage. Using this feature, you can also delete all the media files shared in that particular chat or group.
Below is the step-by-step process by which you can delete all the media files.
- Open the WhatsApp on your device.
- Click on the three-dots menu at the top and select Settings.
- Select ‘Stoarge and Data’ and click on ‘Manage Storage’.
- Here, click on the group or chat for which you want to delete all the media files.
- Now, WhatsApp will show you how many media files exist on your device.
- Basically, here you will see all the photos, videos, documents files, and all other files.
- If you want to delete all the media files, turn on the checkbox at the top right side.
- Now, click on the delete button to delete all the files.
Stop Automatically Downloading Media on WhatsApp
WhatsApp has an option by which you can disable auto-download media. It will save your data as well as save your phone’s storage space.
After disabling this auto-download feature, you will need to download the media manually by tapping on the file. So, if you want to disable it, below are the steps for doing it.
- Open WhatsApp on your device.
- Click on ‘Storage and Data’.
- Here, you will see a Media auto-download option.
- Choose the media which you wish to auto-download over Wi-Fi and mobile data.
- If you don’t want download any media automatically, uncheck all the files in both Wi-Fi and mobile data.
So, these are the ways by which you can Delete All the Media files from One Particular WhatsApp Chat or Group. If you like the article and think it will be helpful for others, share it with your friends and family. Further, if you have any questions, do let us know in the comments below.
Stay Tuned for more informative articles and updates. Do Follow us on Social Media now and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.