Delete a WhatsApp Group Permanently by Admin, Remove a Group on iPhone, Delete a Group on Android device, How to Delete a WhatsApp Group Permanently on Smartphone or PC, Remove a Group on WhatsApp Web –
WhatsApp is a popular and widely used instant messaging service owned by Meta (formerly known as Meta). It has billions of active users worldwide.
Groups are also quite popular and approximately 90-percent of users on the platform are part of at least one group. However, as a group admin, it becomes tough to maintain the purity of the group after some time because of unnecessary and out-of-topic discussions by the group members.
That’s why admins want to delete a WhatsApp group but don’t know how to do it. Hence, we have listed the steps to delete a WhatsApp Group permanently. You just need to read the article till the end to delete a group.
How to Delete a WhatsApp Group Permanently?
You can only delete the WhatsApp group permanently if you are an admin of the group. We have listed the step-by-step guide to permanently delete a WhatsApp group as an admin on Android, iPhone, and on WhatsApp web from desktop or laptop.
If you are using WhatsApp on an Android device and want to delete a group. Here’s the step-by-step guide to deleting a group on Android.
- Open the WhatsApp application on your device.
- Now, open the group which you want to delete.
- Click on the group name at the top to open the group settings.
- Scroll down, and you will see all the participants or group members.
- To permanently remove a group, you need to remove all of its members and then exit the group.
- Click on a member to see that participant’s settings.
- Select Remove Participant to remove the member from the group.
- After removing all the members, scoll down and you will see a Exit Group option.
- Click on the Exit Group to left the group.
- Now, to permanently remove it, tap on the Delete Group.
Done, you have successfully removed a group permanently from your account.
On iOS or iPadOS
If you are using an iPhone or iPad and want to delete a group. Below is the step-by-step procedure to delete a group permanently on iOS or iPadOS devices.
- Open WhatsApp Messenger on your iPhone or iPad.
- Click on the group you want to delete.
- Now, click on the group name to open the group settings.
- To delete a group permanently, you need to remove all the members and then exit the group.
- Scroll down, and you will see the list of all participants.
- Click on an group member to view the participant’s settings.
- Select Remove Participant to remove the member from group.
- After removing all the group members, scroll down and click on Exit Group.
- Now, click Delete Group to permanently remove the group.
Done, you have successfully removed the group from your account along with all of its members.
On WhatsApp Web
You can also delete a group permanently from the web version of WhatsApp. Below is the step-by-step guide to removing a WhatsApp group.
- Open a web browser on your PC.
- Now, open the official website of WhatsApp web.
- You can also access directly by visiting: web.whatsapp.com
- Now, link your account to WhatsApp web.
- Open the Group who want to delete.
- Now, click on the group name to open group settings.
- Scroll down to all the group participants.
- Right click on the member’s name and select remove.
- After removing all the participants, click on Exit Group.
- Finally, click on Delete Group to remove the group permanently.
Note: If you delete the WhatsApp group from your device without removing all the members, it will pass the admin privileges to the next member and the group shall remain active.
Conclusion: Delete a WhatsApp Group Permanently
So, these are the ways by which you can remove or delete a WhatsApp Group permanently on your Android, iOS, and WhatsApp Web. We hope the article helps you in removing the group from your account.
If you like the article, share it with your friends and family. Further, if you have any questions, do let us know in the comments below. You can also follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more informative updates.