How to delete a Facebook group with thousands of members, How to delete a Facebook group on iPhone or Android, delete a Facebook group as an admin –
Facebook is one of the popular and widely used social media platforms. It has millions of active users around the world.
The platform gives its user to create a group but many times we want to delete a Facebook Group for some reason. Hopefully, Facebook lets its users delete a group that they have created previously.
So, if you are also one of those who want to delete a Facebook group on its app or browser, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to do so.
How To Delete A Facebook Group?
Facebook group creators can easily delete a group. In case, if the creator has already left the Group then the admins of the group can remove it. Follow the steps mentioned in the article to delete it.
To delete a group, you need to remove all the members of the group. Here’s how you can remove it on a desktop browser.
- Open a web browser on your PC.
- Visit facebook.com and click on Groups at the sidebar.
- Choose the Group you wish to delete under the Groups You Manage section.
- Tap on Members. Here, you will see the list of all the members.
- Click on the three dots (or more icons) next to each member’s name and choose Remove From Group then confirm it.
- Repeat these steps and remove all the members from the Group.
- When you became the last member of the Group, click on the three dots icon (or More) next to your name and choose Leave Group.
- Finally, confirm it by clicking on Delete Group.
On Facebook App
If you are using the Facebook mobile app, here’s how you can remove a group.
- Open the Facebook App on your device.
- Click on the Menu tab (or hamburger icon) and choose Groups.
- Tap on Your Groups then click on the group you want to remove.
- After opening the group, click on the group name then tap on See All next to Members and it will open a list of all the members.
- Click on each person’s name and choose Remove Member from the group then confirm it.
- After removing all the members from the group, go back to your group’s main page and click Manage.
- Scroll down to the bottom and select Delete Group and confirm it.
Done, you have successfully deleted a Facebook group.
How to Pause a Facebook Group?
If you don’t want to delete a Facebook group permanently, you can pause it. Pausing a group is very easy and you can activate it in the future whenever you want. Here’s how you can pause it.
- Open the Facebook >> Groups.
- Choose the group you want to pause under the Groups You Manage section.
- Click on the three-dots icon (or more icons) on the group main page.
- Tap on Pause Group from the given options.
- Select a reason then tap on Continue and again click on Continue.
- If you want to include an announcement for members then write it and if you have a specific date for resuming the group then select the resume period and finally click Pause Group.
Done, you have successfully paused a group. You can resume it any time from the group page.
Conclusion: Delete A Facebook Group
So, these are the steps to delete a Facebook group on the app or desktop. If you don’t want to delete it permanently, you can pause it. We hope the article helped you in doing so on your account.
For more articles and updates, do Follow us on Social Media now and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.
If you are an admin of a Facebook group, you can pause the group if you need a break from maintaining it. If you want to permanently remove your group from Facebook, you can delete it.