Create your own Twitter community, How to Join a Community, How to Tweet Inside a Community and see Tweets, Find Twitter Communities, How to Create Your Twitter Community –
Twitter is a popular social networking service on which users interact with messages known as Tweets. It is widely used and has millions of active worldwide.
Back in September 2021, Twitter has launched its Communities. The communities on the platform are just like the Facebook groups. Initially creating a community on the platform was limited but now anyone can create it.
So, if you are also one of those who want to start your own community on Twitter, read the article till the end as we have listed the ways to do so.
What are Twitter Communities?
Communities on Twitter are a dedicated place for users to connect, share, and get closer to the discussions they care about most.
Communities can be started and managed by people on Twitter, admins and moderators can set the rules for a community. Twitter Communities can be seen by anyone on Twitter, but only the members of the community can engage and participate in the discussions.
Note: If you are not able to see the community option on your device, you need to update the Twitter application to the latest version then the community tab will appear on the bottom bar once you have become part of at least one community.
How to Create Your Twitter Community?
If you want to create your own Twitter community, you need to meet the requirements for creating a community. Below are the requirements for creating a Twitter community:
- Your account must be public (it should not be even protected, if you switch your account to protected, you will lose admin privileges).
- Your account must be at least six months old.
- A phone number or verified email address should be linked to your Twitter account.
- Your account must have two-factor authentication enabled.
- Your account must not violate or have not a history of violating any Twitter’s Terms of Service.
Now, if you meet all the requirements for creating a community. Here’s how you can create a Twitter community.
- Open the Twitter Communities Interest Form.
- Now, enter all the required details in the form including your username and email address.
- Once filled, click on the Submit button.
- Done, you have successfully submitted the Communities Interest Form. Now, Twitter will review your account to take further action.
How to Join A Community?
First of all, you need to know that there are two types of communities on Twitter:
- Open Communities
- Invite Only Communities
So, what is the difference between these two, you ask?
Any user can join an open community without an invite. To join open communities, you need to click on the Join button at the top of the page.
- Here are some open Communities on Twitter that you can join.
- Click on the Community page and then tap on the Join button.
- Now, tap on Agree and Join button.
Done, you have successfully joined the open community on Twitter.
Invite Only Communities
To join the invite-only communities, you need to be invited into the community by a moderator or another member of the community. Once a user becomes a member of the community, he or she will receive 5 invitations to invite other members.
However, there is no way to search a community on Twitter as of now.
How to Tweet Inside a Community and See Community Tweets?
You can easily tweet a post inside a community. To do so, you just need to change the toggle from everyone to the community’s name at the top in the Tweet window. Here’s how you can do it.
- Click on the Create a Tweet option.
- You will see an everyone toggle, tap on it.
- Select the Community in which you want to post a Tweet.
- After doing this, click on the Tweet button to Tweet inside a community.
Done, you have successfully tweeted in a community. However, All Community tweets will be visible within the community, and will not be sent to your follower’s timelines but they will be visible into the timeline of the community members.
Conclusion: Create Your Twitter Community
So, this using this way you can create your own Twitter community, Join a community, and Tweet inside a Community. We hope the article helps you in doing so.
There is no limit to the number of moderators for a community. You can add as many admins as you want. Further, a moderator can invite multiple members without any limit.
No, Twitter does not pay for creating a community or managing it.
If you block a moderator of a Twitter community, then your account will not be allowed to join the Community. If you are already a member of a community and block a moderator, then you will be removed from the Community. This is to ensure Moderators can see all Community Tweets.
You can easily leave a community on their page. To do so, visit the community page and tap on the Leave button.