How to create a folder on iPhone, How to put apps in a folder, create a folder on the iPhone home screen, Create a file folder on the iPhone home screen, the best way to organize iPhone apps, How to Create a Folder on Your iPhone to Organize Apps –
An app or application is a type of software that allows you to perform specific tasks. Applications for mobile devices are called mobile apps.
If you are the person who has lots of apps installed on your device, you use some of them rarely but don’t want to delete them, then most probably you are looking for a way to organize them. However, organizing the home screen on Android is very easy but things get confusing on iPhone.
So, if you are also one of those who want to create a folder on your iPhone to organize installed apps, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the ways to do so.
How to Create, Rename, and Delete a Folder on Your iPhone to Organize Apps?
In this article, we have listed the step-by-step guide for creating, editing, renaming, and deleting a folder on iPhone.
Create a new Folder
You can easily create a folder on your iPhone to organize apps. To do so, you will need at least two apps to put into the folder. Here’s how you can do it.
- Press and hold the app icon you want to move into a folder and choose Edit Home Screen.
- Now, all the apps icon starts to shake with a small minus sign on the top left side of each app.
- Press and hold the app icon again and drag it over to the other app you would like to put in the same folder.
- Hovering one app icon over the other will create a new folder with both apps inside it.
- Now, add all the other apps you want to put into the folder by following the same steps.
Note: The folder will be automatically titled by your iPhone based on the type of apps you put together. Like, if you have placed two entertainment including YouTube and Instagram within a folder, it will be titled Entertainment.
Change the name of the Folder
After creating a folder, it’s possible that you might want to rename the folder. The process to do so is very similar to how you created it. Here’s how you can change the name of the folder you have created.
- Open the folder and press and hold one of the app icons then choose Edit Home Screen.
- Once the app’s icon begins to shake with a small minus sign, click on the title box.
- Now, type the new name of your choice.
- Finally, click on the home button or Done to save these changes.
Remove Apps and Delete a Folder
If you want to remove apps from a folder or want to delete a folder you have created previously and move your apps individually on the home screen, here’s how you can do it.
- Open the folder on your device.
- Press and hold one of the app icons then select Edit Home Screen.
- Drag the apps from the folder to the home screen one by one.
- Once you move all the apps, the folder will automatically be deleted.
Conclusion: Create a Folder on Your iPhone
So, these are the ways by which you can create a folder on your iOS device to organize apps. We hope the article helped you in doing so with your iPhone.
When you create a folder on an Apple device, it will automatically assign a suggested name to it based on the App Store category that the apps in the folder come from.