Fillable Document file, How to create a template in Google Docs, How to create a fillable form, Fill Out a form in Google Docs, How to Create a Fillable Form in Google Docs Easily –
Google Docs is a popular web-based Docs Editors suite offered by Google. It is a widely used Editor for creating documents online.
Sometimes people want to create a fillable form but they don’t want to use any other platform like Microsoft Word, Google Forms, etc. Hopefully, you can create a fillable form in Google Docs.
So, if you are also one of those who want to make a fillable form in Google Docs, read the article till the end as we have listed the ways to do so.
How to Create a Fillable Form in Google Docs?
The features in Google Docs are very limited unlike any other tools like MS Word. We have listed some ways to create a fillable form in Google Docs.
Using Google Docs Template
The first and easiest way to create a form in Google Docs is to make use of Tables. However, you can add make interactive fields like dropdown menu, etc. So, if you only want text fields, here’s how you can do it.
- Open a new blank document file on Docs (or visit docs.google.com and click on Blank page).
- Click on the Insert then choose Table, and select the number of rows and columns you want to add in the table.
- Add the first text like First Name and Middle Name. Leave the cell black for those in which you want user’s input.
- You can add tablets as per the design you have in the mind. Like if you want to add a large text area option, you need to add a single cell-table and enlarge it.
- Now, right-click on the table and tap on Table Properties.
- Click on the Color and select Table border and choose 0 pt to make the borders invisible.
It is worth mentioning that forms created from this method can be printed and distributed. In the absence of field validations, using them for online submissions will involve a lot of manual validations.
However, if you want to use the form in the future, you can save it. So that, next time you need to modify it, use it. You can also make a copy of the file to use it as per your preference.
By Converting a PDF File
Google Docs also lets you convert PDF files to Google Docs. So, if you have a sample form in PDF form, you can convert it to Docs and then modify it. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open Google Drive or visit drive.google.com/drive.
- Click on the New button at the top-left side and select File Upload.
- Now, upload the sample file from your device.
- Once completed, right-click on the file and click on Open with then choose Google Docs.
- It will convert the file into editable text. However, it will not convert the file into fillable form.
- Here, you need to add some formatting or editing to complete the form. Insert the box by selecting one-cell table and if necessary remove the border.
Create Using Form Templates
Using the form templates available in Google Docs, you can create any form, and share it with clients or users. Whenever anyone fills out the form, Google automatically tracks and compiles the results for you. Here’s how you can create it.
- Open Google Docs on your device or visit docs.google.com.
- Log in to your Google account and click on the Blank document.
- Here, tap on File at the top-left side and hover to New, and select Form.
- Now, a new form template will open in a new tab.
- Type the name of the form in the Untitled Form field.
- Click on the Untitled Question and type the Question.
- If you want to add an image in the question, click on the image icon next to the Question to add.
- Click on the Question Type and choose one from the given options to how you want the question to be answered.
- Configure the answer options below the Question Type menu if you selected Multiple Choice, Checkboxes, Choose From a List, or any other options that allow users to choose from your pre-set answers.
- Turn on the toggle for Required Response if you don’t want users to leave the question answered.
- If you want to add more questions, click on the plus (+) icon.
- Further, if you want to add an image in the header, click on the Customize theme icon at the top and tap choose an image under the header.
- Click on the Settings menu and make all the settings as per your preference.
- Once you are done with all the editing, click on the Preview icon to Preview it.
- Finally, click on the Send and copy the form’s link to share it with users.
Conclusion: Create a Fillable Form
So, these are the ways to create a fillable form in Google Docs. We hope the article helps you in making a form on Google Docs.
For more articles and updates, do Follow us on Social Media now and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.
You can easily make or create a fillable form in Google Docs. To do so, open docs.google.com on a web browser in your device. Now choose Forms template and then enter the data.