How to Create a Telegram Channel Link on Android or iPhone or PC, Make a Public Channel on the Telegram Web, How to Create a Channel on Telegram –
Telegram has crossed billions of downloads around the world. For the unaware, it’s an instant messaging app, a true rival of WhatsApp.
The platform offers its users to create groups and channels to communicate with a large group of members. However, most users don’t know how to set up a channel on the platform.
So, if you are also one of those who want to create a channel on Telegram, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to do so.
How to Create a Telegram Channel?
On Mobile App
Creating a Telegram channel on the mobiles whether it’s Android or iPhone is very easy. Here’s how you can create a channel on Telegram.
- Open the Telegram App on your device.
- Click on the pencil icon on the bottom-right side (On iPhone, click on the message icon on the top-right side).
- Select New Channel from the given options and then click on Create Channel.
- Now, enter a name and description for your channel (here, the description is optional). You can also add an image for your channel by clicking on the camera icon.
- After entering all the details, click on the Next or tick mark icon to proceed.
- Now, choose a channel type between Public or Private.
- If you are creating a public channel then you need to set a link by which others can find your channel. Also, if you are seeing Restrict Saving content option then turn on the toggle next to it to prevent subscribers from saving content on the channel.
- Once done, click on the Next button or tick icon.
- Now, if you want to add contacts then select them, otherwise click on the Next or right-pointing arrow icon.
Done, you have successfully created a channel on Telegram using the Android or iOS mobile app.
Telegram also has a dedicated app for desktops whether it’s Windows or Mac. Here’s how you can create a channel on Telegram using the web app.
- Open the Telegram App on your system or visit telegram.org to download it for your PC.
- Once opened, scan the QR Code to log in to your account.
- Click on the note icon on the top-right side (On the Windows app, click on a hamburger or three lines at the top left side).
- Select New Channel from the given options.
- Enter a name for your channel. Optionally, you can also add an image and description for the channel.
- After that, click on the Next or Create button.
- Choose Channel Type between Public and Private. If you are creating a public channel, you need to create a link.
- Finally, click on Next or Done.
Done, your channel will be created successfully on your desktop.
Conclusion: Create a Channel on Telegram
So, these are the ways by which you can make a new channel on Telegram on the mobile or web application. We hope that the article helped you in creating a channel.
For more articles and updates, do Follow us on Social Media now and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.
Telegram lets its users create groups for up to 200,000 members while they can create channels for unlimited members.
Telegram groups are ideal for sharing stuff with friends and family or collaborating in small teams. But groups can also grow very large and support communities of up to 200,000 members.
Channels are a tool for broadcasting messages to large audiences. In fact, a channel can have an unlimited number of subscribers. When you post on a channel, the message is signed with the channel’s name and photo and not your own. Each message in a channel has a view counter that gets updated when the message is viewed, including its forwarded copies.
Telegram lets you create a unique link for your channel if you choose your channel type as the public at the time of its creation. To create a channel and its link, follow the steps mentioned here.
How to Know if Someone has Blocked you or not on Telegram?
How to Hide Your Telegram Profile Picture from others?