How to Connect Two AirPods to a single iPhone, iPad, or Mac, Why can’t I Connect Two AirPods to my iPhone, How to Connect Two AirPods to one Macbook –
Apple AirPods are wireless Bluetooth earbuds designed specifically to work with iPhones and iPad. But since it is a Bluetooth device, you can also use them with almost any computer or smartphone; you can even pair AirPods with an Apple TV.
Sometimes, users want to connect a pair of AirPods to their iPhone, iPad, or Mac, but they don’t how they can do it. Hopefully, there is a way to do so.
So, if you are also one of those who want to use the Share Audio feature on iOS to connect two pairs of AirPods to the same iPhone or iPad for a joint listening experience, read the article till the end to check the steps.
Connect Two AirPods to a Single iPhone or iPad
Now, if you are looking to connect two AirPods, it’s understood that you have already connected the first pair of AirPods to your device. So, here’s how you can connect the second one.
- Unlock your iPhone or iPad and stay on the home screen.
- After then open the case of second AirPods you want to connect and place it near your device.
- Now, you will see a message on your device to connect the AirPods.
- Click on the Temporarily Share Audio option.
- Now, press and hold the button on the back of the charging case.
Done, you have successfully connected Two AirPods on a single iPhone or iPad. You can see the connected AirPods in the Bluetooth Settings.
Further, you can also control the volumes for both the AirPods separately. To do so, play music or video, pull down the Control Center. After then, hit the AirPlay icon and control the volumes.
Connect Two AirPods to a Single Mac
You can also connect two AirPods to a single Macbook. After connecting a pair of AirPods to Macbook, follow the below steps to connect the second one to your Mac device.
- First of all, reset the second pair of AirPods. To do so, press and hold the back button on your earphones until you see the LED light flash white.
- Now, open the Control Center on your Mac and open the Bluetooth Settings.
- Click on the Bluetooth Preferences and click on the second pair of AirPods.
- After that, open Finder in your Mac.
- Click on the Applications from the left sidebar and click on Utilities.
- Tap on the Audio MIDI Setup option and click on the Plus icon at the bottom then choose to Create Multi-Output device.
- Uncheck the default Mac speakers, and select both the AirPods you want to connect.
- After that, click on the Apple icon at the top of the home screen and tap on System Preferences.
- If it opens the Bluetooth Settings, head over to Sound, and if it does not open Bluetooth Settings, click on the Sound option and click on the Multi-Output Device.
Done, you have successfully connected two AirPods to a single Mac. Unfortunately, here, you can not control the volumes of both AirPods separately.
If you want to disconnect one from the Mac, open Bluetooth preferences and click on the one you want to disconnect.
So, these are the ways to connect two pairs of AirPods to a single iPhone, iPad, or Mac. We hope the article helped you in connecting two AirPods to a single device.
There is a list of devices to which you can connect two AirPods because this is a relatively new feature. They include iPhone 8 or later, iPad Pro (10.5-inch, 11-inch, 12.9-inch, or later), iPad Air (3rd generation), or Mini (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) or later, iPod touch (7th generation), AirPods Max, Pro, 1st generation or later, MacBook with macOS 10.12 or later.
Yes, you can connect two pairs of AirPods to one macOS. We have listed the full process to connect it. Follow the steps we have mentioned in the article.