How to clear the cache on iPhone or iOS, iPhone clear app cache without deleting the app, How to Clear Cache on an iPhone, How to Clear History and Cookies of Safari –
Over a period of time, iPhones get filled up with files that the device picks from Safari and other applications of phones.
These cache files make the iPhone slow and that’s the reason why most people clear the cache data on their devices from time to time. Clearing cache data is a very easy task, however, most people don’t know how to do it.
So, if you are also one of those who don’t know how to clear cache data on an iPhone but want to do it, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the ways to do so.
How to Clear Cache on an iPhone?
As we use multiple apps on our iPhone including Safari, which collects files in the form of cache data. These cache files are the temporary data that helps sites and apps load faster. Also, these files consume a lot of space on our devices and that’s why they need to be cleared.
So, if you wish to clear the cache data on your iPhone, follow the steps mentioned in the article.
Clear Safari Cache
Here’s how you can clear the cache data for Safari.
- Open the Settings App on your iPhone.
- Navigate to Safari and tap on it.
- Scroll down and click on Clear History and Website Data.
- Now, click on Clear History and Data.
- Confirm it when prompted.
Before clearing the cache, note that once you clear the cache history and data, it will log you out of all the websites that you are logged into.
Clear Other Apps Cache
You can also clear the cache data of other apps installed on your device. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Settings App on your iOS device.
- Go to General then click on Storage and iCloud usage or iPhone Storage.
- Here, click on Manage Storage at the top of the page.
- It will show the list of apps with the apps on the top that take the most storage.
- Click on one of the apps from the list.
- Here, tap on Offload App and it will free up storage used by the app, but keep its documents and data.
- Further, if the Documents and Data entry for the apps is larger, you can also reinstall them.
So, these are the ways by which you can clear the cache data on an iPhone. We hope the article helped you in doing so.
You can easily clear the history and cookies data. To do so, Open Settings App >> Safari, and click on Clear History and Website Data. Note that, clearing your history, cookies, and browsing data from Safari will not change your AutoFill information.