Video Quality Settings Android, YouTube Video Quality Default, How to Set YouTube Video Quality Permanently, Increase Video Quality on YouTube iOS, How to Change YouTube Video Quality on PC or Smartphone –
YouTube is a popular online video sharing and social media platform owned by Google. It has billions of active users worldwide. It is also a widely used platform as it comes pre-installed on all Android devices.
In the latest update, YouTube has hidden the ability to change the video quality under the Advanced menu on their platform. It can be hard for normal users to find the option they are looking for. However, the default settings are set to Auto.
So, if you want to know how you can change the YouTube video quality permanently on your Smartphone or PC. Read the article till the end as we have listed the steps for doing it.
Change YouTube Video Quality in a Single Video?
In this article, we have listed all the steps to change the YouTube video quality on the web version of YouTube, on iOS devices including iPhone & iPad, and on Android devices.
On Android or iOS
In the recent update of the mobile application on both Android and iOS devices, YouTube has hidden the ability to change the video quality based on their resolution under the Advanced menu.
So, below are the steps for doing so through your smartphone.
- Open the YouTube application on your device.
- Play a video of your choice.
- Click on the three-dots menu at the top right side.
- From the given options, select Quality.
Here, you will see four options to choose from.
- Auto: It is the default settings that will adjust the quality of the video to give you the best experience based on the Internet speed of your device.
- Higher Picture Quality: This will increase the video quality and uses more data.
- Data Saver: It will save your data by decreasing the video quality. If have a limited data plan, you can use this quality.
- Advanced: It will allow you to select a specific resolution for the video quality on your device.
- So, if you want to customise your video quality based on the resolution.
- Click on the Advanced from the given options.
- Now, select the resolution of your preference.
- Select the highest one, as it will give you the better clearity.
On Web browser
YouTube has not changed the interface of the web version to set the video quality. Below are the steps to change the quality of a video in a web browser on your PC.
- Open the YouTube official website on a browser.
- You can directly open by visiting this URL: youtube.com
- Click on the Settings icon at the bottom in the video frame.
- Choose Quality from the given options.
- By default, it is set on the Auto and it picks up the quality based on the Internet speed of your device.
- Select the quality of your preference.
- If you have unlimited Internet data, select the highest one as it will give the better quality.
Change YouTube Video Quality Permanently?
So, if you are tired of selecting the video quality. You can also change the Video Quality Preferences from the Settings in the YouTube application. After doing it, you don’t have to choose video quality every time you open YouTube.
Below is the step-by-step guide to set higher Video Quality Permanently on the YouTube application.
- Open the YouTube App on your Android or iOS device.
- Click in the your profile picture icon at the top of homepage.
- Select Settings from the given options.
- Now, click on the Video Quality Preferences.
- Select the streaming quality which you want to set as default.
- So, if you have unlimited data and want to play higher quality videos on both Wi-Fi and mobile networks.
- Choose Higher Picture Quality on both Wi-Fi as well as on Mobile Networks.
Done, now every time you open YouTube and play a video, it will stream in higher quality. You can further change the streaming quality in a single video.
Conclusion: Change YouTube Video Quality
So, these are the ways to change YouTube Video quality on smartphones or PC. We hope the article helps you in changing the quality of YouTube videos.
If you like the article, share it with your friends and family. Further, if you have any questions, do let us know in the comments below. You can also follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more informative updates.
1 thought on “How to Change YouTube Video Quality on PC or Smartphone?”