Wondering How How to Change Your YouTube Handle, How to Choose a new Handle Name for Your YouTube Channel, How to Claim Your YouTube Handle Name –
YouTube is an online video-sharing and social media platform owned by Google. Creators uploads videos on the platform which other users on the platform consume or watch.
Google introduced a new feature for channels, named YouTube Handles. Just like other social media platforms like Twitter or Instagram, a unique “@name” handle will appear on the creator’s profile on the platform which is unique for each creator.
So, if you are one of those who are notified via email and on YouTube studio to choose your handle, you just need to read the article till the end as we have added the steps by which you can change and choose your YouTube handle.
How to Change Your YouTube Handle?
YouTube Handles are unique identifiers (like @handle) and all YouTube channels will have one. Unlike channel names, handles are unique and make it easy to verify you are engaging with or watching the right person.
The handle will also work as a unique channel URL (like youtube.com/@handle). Previously, only creators with more than 100 subscribers were eligible for a custom URL – but with the new update, all the channels will have a unique URL based on their handle.
For most channels, if you already have a personalized YouTube URL, it will automatically become your handle. Whether you have a customized URL or not, you can change your handle or select a new one once you are notified via email or on the YouTube Studio.
Change Your Handle via Official Mail
Once you got the mail from YouTube, you can easily change your handle name. Follow the below steps to do so.
1. Open the mail sent by YouTube to your registered email address.
2. Click on Choose a Handle button and you will be redirected to a page where you can create your handle.
3. On the redirected page, tap on Change Handle.
4. Type the handle name of your choice and check its availability.
5. Once done, tap on Confirm Selection.
6. On the confirmation page, tap OK.
From YouTube Handle Website
YouTube has made a dedicated handle page from where you can check and change the handle for your channel. Follow the below steps to change it.
1. Open a browser on your PC or mobile.
2. Visit youtube.com/handle on it.
3. Log in to your account if you have not already.
4. Here, you will see your reserved handle name, tap on the Change Handle if you want to change it.
5. Enter the new handle name which you want for your channel to check if it’s available or not.
6. Once you have got an available handle name, tap Confirm Selection.
From YouTube Creator Studio
You can also create or change a handle for your channel via the YouTube Creator Studio. Follow the below steps to change it.
1. Open a browser and visit the YouTube Creator Studio Website.
2. Log in to your account if you have not already.
3. Scroll the left sidebar and tap on Customization.
4. From the right panel, tap on the Basic Info tab.
5. Create or Change your handle for your channel.
6. Once done, click on Publish button to save the changes.
Conclusion: Change Your YouTube Handle
So, these are the ways by which you can choose and change your YouTube Handle. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
There are no such criteria for getting a YouTube handle, everyone will get a handle whether you are a creator or viewer. YouTube also remove the 100 subscriber threshold which was previously applied to custom URLs.
A YouTube handle can be between 3-30 characters and users can use alphanumeric characters (like A–Z, a–z, 0–9), or underscores (_), hyphens (-), and periods (.).
To create your YouTube handle, you must follow these guidelines: Keep the handle between 3-30 characters, do not make it like a URL or a phone number, and make sure the handle is not already being used by someone else, and the handle must follow YouTube’s Community Guidelines.
If you don’t select a handle by 14th November 2022, YouTube will automatically assign a handle for your account, which you can change at any point, using any of the methods mentioned above.
No, your existing channel URL will still continue to work perfectly, even after creating a handle for your channel.
You May Also Like: