Forget Snapchat Username, Change Display Name on Snapchat, How to Change Your Snapchat Username and Display Name, Rename Display Name and Username on the platform –
Snapchat is a popular instant messaging app and service. It is a widely used platform and has millions of active users worldwide.
Many times, users want to change their username on the platform using their Android or iOS devices. Hopefully, Snapchat has officially rolled out the feature by which users can change their username on the platform.
So, if you are also one of those who want to change your Snapchat username and display name, read the article till the end as we have listed the step-by-step to do so.
How to Change Your Snapchat Username?
Many people are not happy with the username they have set previously (or at the time of creating their account). Hopefully, Snapchat has now enabled a way to change your username without deleting your account.
The feature is available for both Android and iOS mobile applications. However, users will only be allowed to change it once per year. We have also listed the steps to change your display name. So, read on to check all the details.
Change Username on Android or iOS
This is the official method to change your username on the platform from your Android or iOS device. Here’s how you can do it.
- Update the Snapchat from Play Store or App Store.
- Once updated, open the application on your device.
- Click on your profile picture icon (or Bitmoji) at the top left side to open your profile.
- Now, click on the Settings icon on the top-right side.
- Tap on the Username under My Account and select Change Username.
- A pop-up window will open, click Continue.
- Now, type your new username and tap Next.
- Snapchat will then ask you to enter your password, enter the password and click Confirm.
Done, you have successfully changed your username on Snapchat.
Note: Changing your username will not affect your account in any way. But you may only change the username once a year and also users will not be allowed to use a handle that has previously been used, even by yourself.
This means if you are expecting to preserve a username that is already registered and inactive, this update will not help you in that case. In addition to this after you switch, it appears that your former login is no longer available.
How to Change Snapchat Display Name?
Follow the below steps to change your display name on Snapchat from your Android or iOS device.
- Open Snapchat on your device.
- Click on your profile icon (or Bitmoji) on the top-left side.
- Tap on the Settings icon on the top-right side.
- Click on the Name under My Account.
- Enter the new name of your choice and click on the Save button at the bottom.
Done, you have successfully changed your display name on Snapchat, now it will show up on your account.
So, these are the ways to change your username and display name on Snapchat. We hope the article helped you in changing your username and display name for your account.
Yes, you can now change your username on the platform. We have listed a step-by-step process to change your username. Follow the steps to change your username.
Snapchat officially every user to change their username once a year. However, you can change your display name as many times as you can. Further, if you want to change your username before the one-year period time, you will have to create a new account.
The steps to change your username on the platform are very simple. Update the application >> Open Settings >> Go to Username >> Change your Username >> Save the Settings.