Change Name on Facebook Page, How to Change your profile name on Facebook App, Change Group Name On Facebook iOS or iPhone, How to Add Nickname or Alias to Your Profile on PC, How to Change Your Name on Facebook Website or App, Rename Profile Name on Facebook –
Facebook is a popular and widely used social media platform owned by Meta (formerly known as Facebook). It has billions of active users worldwide.
Some users want to change their name on the platform as it is the first thing that users notice when visiting or searching an account. But they don’t know how to change their name on the Facebook app or website.
So, if you are also one of those who want to change your name on Facebook. Read the article till the end as we have listed the process to change your profile, page, group name, and to add your nickname or alias.
How to Change Your Name on Facebook?
Changing your name on Facebook is a difficult task. You can easily change your name through the Facebook website or its mobile application. Here’s how you can do it.
Using Facebook Website on PC
Below are the steps to rename your name on Facebook using its website on your PC.
- Open a web browser on your device.
- Now, visit Facebook’s official website (facebook.com).
- Log in to your account if you have not already.
- Click on the Account icon at the top right side next to the notification icon.
- Select Settings & Privacy and choose Settings.
- Click on the Edit button next to the name option.
- Change your first, middle, and surname.
- After changing, click on the Review Change.
- Now, select the display format for your name from the given ones.
- Enter your password and click Save Changes.
Done, you have successfully changed your profile name. Kindly note that, if you change your name on Facebook, you can not change it again for 60 days.
Using Mobile App
You can also rename your name using the mobile application of Facebook. We have listed the steps to rename your name from the Facebook App for both Android and iOS devices. Follow the below steps to change it.
- Open Facebook App on your device.
- Click on the three-lines or hamburger menu at the top right side.
- Scroll down and select Settings & Privacy then choose Settings.
- Click on Personal Information and tap on Name.
- Edit your first, middle, and last name then tap on Review Changes.
- Choose a display format and enter your password.
- Finally, click on Save Changes to change your name.
Note that, if you change your name on Facebook, you can not change it again for 60 days from the mobile app as well.
How to Change Your Facebook Page Name?
If you want to rename the Facebook page name you have created, you can easily do it by following simple steps. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open facebook.com in an web browser on your PC.
- Click on the Page placed at the left sidebar.
- Select the page whose name you want to change.
- Scroll down the left sidebar and select Edit Page Info at the bottom in sidebar.
- Enter a new name in the Name field.
- After entering the name, click anywhere on the screen.
- Click on the Request Change.
Now, Facebook will review your request to change the page name and it may take up to three days after you will receive a notification of the name change.
If your name change is approved, you will not be able to unpublish the Page or change the name again for 7 days. During this time, we may also let the people who like your Page know that the name has been updated.
How to Add a Nickname or Alias to Your Profile?
You can also add a nickname or alias to your profile in addition to your real name. This can help other users on the platform to identify you by your local name identity Here’s how you can add the nickname to your profile.
- Open facebook.com in a browser on your PC.
- Click on the Account icon next to the notification icon.
- Select Settings & Privacy and then click on Settings.
- Tap on the Name under General Account Settings.
- Here, you will see Other Names option under Name section.
- Click on the Add Other Names.
- Now, tap on Add a nickname, a birth name, etc.
- Select Name type from the drop-down list.
- Enter your nickname or alias in the Name column.
- Tick the check box for Show at top of profile if you want to display your nickname at the top.
- Finally, click on the Save button.
Done, you have successfully added your nickname (another name) or alias in your profile.
How to Change Your Facebook Groups Name?
You can also rename or change the name of your Facebook group which you have created. Here’s how you can change your Facebook Group name.
- Open an web browser on your PC.
- Now, visit facebook.com on the browser.
- Click on the Groups at the left sidebar.
- Select an group whose name you want to change.
- Scroll down the left sidebar and click on Group Settings.
- Click on the pencil icon next to your Name and Description.
- Enter a new name of your choice.
- Click on the Save button.
Done, you have successfully changed your Facebook group name.
Conclusion: Change Your Name on Facebook
So, these are all the ways by which you can change your profile name, page name, your group name, and can add your nickname or alias on Facebook. We hope the article helps you in changing or adding your name on Facebook.
If you like the article, share it with your friends and family. Further, if you have any questions, do let us know in the comments below. You can also follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more informative updates.
If you renamed your profile name on Facebook, you can’t change it again for 60 days. To do so, you have to wait for 60 days as Facebook can only rename your name every 60 days. Sometimes if you do not follow Facebook’s name policy, you can also not change your name.
Yes, you can easily rename your group or profile name on Facebook which you have created previously. To do so, follow the steps mentioned in the article.