Change Your Name on Instagram from App, Update your Username on Instagram, Change your Instagram Username and Display Name, How to Change Your Instagram Username and Display Name, Update your Instagram account name and username –
Almost everyone trying to make their profile good looking through their profile pictures, names, titles, and usernames on the platform. However, username and profile name are the first two things that anyone can notice easily but most users don’t know how to change their username and name on Instagram.
If you also don’t know how to change your Instagram username and profile name and want to know how you can change it easily through the Instagram account settings. Read the article till the end to know how you can do it.
Change Your Instagram Username and Profile Name
Many people are confused between username and profile name on Instagram. Basically, your profile name is present below your profile picture on your profile.
On the other hand, the username of your account is present at the top of your profile picture and it has to be less than 30 characters. The username for an account must be unique while the profile name can be the same for many users.
However, you can change both the username and profile name of your account through the Instagram settings page.
Change from Instagram App
- Open the Instagram App on your smartphone.
- Go to your profile by clicking on your profile picture at the bottom right side.
- Here, you will see many options.
- Click on the Edit Profile option present after your profile bio.
- Now, update your name and username.
- You will be able to change your username only after 14 days once changed.
- After changing your username and name, click on the tick mark icon to save the Settings.
Change from Browser on PC
- Open the Instagram official website on any browser.
- Log in to your account in which you want to change your name and username.
- Click on the Edit Profile option right before the settings icon.
- Now, change the username and name of your account.
- After updating your name and username, scroll down and click on Submit button.
Kindly note that no two usernames can be the same. Hence, if your selected username matches one that is already present on Instagram, it will ask you to choose a different username.
Basically, you can set a unique username while you can use the same name which other accounts are using.
So, this is the way by which you can change your name and username on Instagram. If you like the article and think it will be helpful for others, share it with your friends and family. Further, if you have any questions regarding the articles, do let us know in the comments below.