how to block a number from texting on Samsung, what happens when you block a number on android, how to permanently block a number, and How to Block a Number on Android –
Android dominates in the market with more than half of the devices running on the Android Operating System.
If you frequently get a phone call from the same unknown number or unwanted caller, you may need to block that number.
So if you are one of those who want to block a phone number on your Android device, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to do so.
How to Block a Phone Number on Your Android Device?
In this article, we have listed the steps by which you can block a phone number on your Android device. However, the steps to block a number vary from device to device and version of the Android operating system.
Follow the below mentioned to block a phone number on your device.
On Google Dialer App
If your Android device has the Google Dialer app, then you can easily block a contact. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Google Phone App on your device.
- Click on the three-dots icon or menu option at the top and select Settings from the given options.
- Here, you will see the Blocked Numbers or Blocked Contacts option, tap on it.
- Choose to Add a number and enter the number you wish to block (On some devices, you can block all the unidentified calls by turning on the toggle for Unknown).
Done, you have successfully blocked a phone number. Alternatively, you can also block a number from your contact list. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Phone App and go to Contacts.
- Find or Search the contact you wish to block and click on it.
- Here, click on the three dots at the top and choose Block Contact.
- Finally, confirm it by tapping Block.
If you want to block a contact from the call history, here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Phone App >> Click on the three-dots icon at the top.
- Choose Call History and then click on the number you want to block.
- Finally, click on Block and confirm it.
On Samsung Phones
If you have a Samsung smartphone, you can easily block a contact. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Phone App on your device.
- Under the Recents section, click on the number you wish to block then click on the ‘i’ icon.
- Here, click on Block at the bottom.
Done, you have successfully blocked a phone number on your Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
On Other Android Phones
If you don’t have a Samsung smartphone and the Google Dialer method does not work for you, here’s how you can block a contact on other Android devices.
- Open the Phone App on your Android device.
- Under Recents, press and hold the number you want to block.
- A menu will appear, click on the Block Contact and confirm it by tapping on Block.
Conclusion: Block a Number on Android
So, these are the ways to block a phone number on your Android device. The first method works most of the time, if it doesn’t you can go through other methods. We hope the article helped you in blocking a number.
Once you block a contact, they will not be able to call or send messages to you. Also, the calls and messages will not be stored on your device.
No, the number you have blocked will never get any sort of official notification that you have blocked their number.