Sign out of Chrome when the browser closes, Sign out of Gmail on Chrome with multiple accounts, How to Auto Logout From Gmail After Closing Browser on Chrome, Gmail Logout when close browser, Auto sign out Gmail –
Gmail is a popular and widely used email service provided by Google. It has billions of active users globally and users can access Gmail either in a web browser or in its mobile application.
Many times, while working on systems, we forget to log out Google account after completing our work. This can allow users to access your personal data. Hopefully, there are ways to auto-log out from Gmail after closing the browser.
So, if you are one of those who want to auto log out from Gmail. Read the article till the end as we have listed some ways by which you can do it.
Related Read: How to Unsend an Email on Gmail?
How to Auto Logout From Gmail After Closing Browser?
Use Incognito Window
Using Incognito Window is the simplest and easy method to automatically logged out of your account whenever you close your browser window. Here’s how you can open an Incognito tab in Chrome.
- Open the Chrome browser.
- Click on the three-dots menu at the top right side.
- Here, you will see many options with New Incognito Window.
- Click on the New Incognito Window to open it.
- Alternatively, press Ctrl+Shift+N in the Chrome browser to open Incognito page.
Now, log in to your Gmail account and whenever you close the window it will automatically log out from your account.
Add Site in Auto Clear Cookies to Auto Logout
Once you add a site in the customized behaviors, it will clear cookies of that site and log you out every time you close the browser window. Here’s how you can add a website in the customized behaviors.
- Open Chrome browser and click on three-dots menu at top right side.
- Select Settings then tap on Privacy and Security.
- Click on the Cookies and other site data.
- Scroll down, and you will see Customized Behaviours option.
- Under customized behaviours, you will find many option.
- Click on the Add button next to the Always Clear Cookies when windows are closed.
- Add [*.]google.com in the field and click on Add.
- This will log out all the google services including, Photos, Gmail, and others.
Now, it will automatically be logged out of your Gmail account after closing the browser window.
Use 2-Step Verification to Auto Log out
After enabling 2-Step Verification on your Google account, Gmail will ask you to log in to your account every time you open it in a new window. It means you will automatically get signed out of your account after closing the browser window. Here’s how you can enable 2-step verification.
- Open the browser on your PC.
- Log in to your account if you have not already.
- Visit myaccount.google.com to open Google account settings.
- Click on the Security from the sidebar.
- Under Signing in to Google, you will see 2-Step Verification.
- Tap on it and then click on the Get Started option.
- Sign in to your Google Account again.
- Enter your phone number or select a different method to get the verification code.
- Click on Next and you will receive an OTP.
- Enter the OTP to verify your phone number or email.
- Now, click on Turn on to enable 2-step verification.
- Here, you will see a Devices you trust option.
- Click on the Revoke All under Devices you trust.
Done, you have successfully enabled the 2-step verification. From now Gmail will log out automatically every time you close the browser window.
Conclusion: Auto Logout From Gmail After Closing Browser
Further, you can also use an Auto Logout Chrome extension to automatically log out of Gmail after a specified time or close the browser.
So, these are all the ways by which you can automatically log out from your Gmail account after closing the browser. We hope the article helps you in doing the same.
For more articles and updates, do Follow us on Social Media now and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.
There are many ways by which you can automatically sign out of your Gmail account. The easiest way is to access Gmail in Incognito mode. If you access Gmail using a private window, it will automatically log you out once you close the browser window.
1 thought on “How to Auto Logout From Gmail After Closing Browser?”