Instagram has said bye-bye to its swipe-up links and introduced a new way to add URLs to stories. This feature is named ‘Links’. From 1st September, the Instagram Stories link sticker has been introduced in the app.
The Instagram Link Sticker replaces the Swipe-Up Link feature. It helps users to add an external link to their Stories. Instagram said that Link Stickers allow more control over how a story looks than the swipe-up links.
It also allows viewers to engage with a story with replies or reactions, whereas the swipe-up feature did not allows viewers to engage.
Sometimes, it becomes necessary to add a link while sharing a story, so that viewers can check out that service, product, or any other work online.
If you want to add a link to your Instagram Story using the sticker feature, here’s how you can add it using the Instagram App.
We are also adding a method by which you add a link to Instagram even without 10k followers.
Add Link Sticker to Instagram Stories (10k+ Followers)
If you have more than 10,000 followers in your account or you have a verified account, you can add links to your Instagram Stories. Moreover, people who are representing an established brand can also add links to their stories.
The new link sticker can be added anywhere in the story. It also shows viewers the first part of the destination link (domain), which gives more transparency to the viewers.
Use the Instagram Link Sticker
So if you fulfill the required criteria which we mentioned above to share links in your Stories. Here’s how you can use a link sticker on the Instagram app.
- Update the Instagram App from Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Open Instagram on your smartphone.
- Click on the ‘+’ icon on the top right corner.
- Select the Story option from the given options.
- Create your Story and edit as per your needs using different-different options.
- Now, tap on the Sticker icon at the top.
- Here, you will see many stickers including mentions, links, and more.
- Select the Link Sticker (or a chain sticker).
- Tap on it, and add the link you want to share.
- Share the story by click on the Next arrow.
- Done, your Instagram story will be shared with the link.
The link sticker will be clickable and all the viewers can check the content of the link by clicking on the link. Moreover, you can add only one sticker to a story.
Add Link Sticker to Instagram Stories (Without 10k+ Followers)
If you are a user with less than 10k followers on Instagram and want to share links to your stories. Then we have a method by which you can do it.
However, Instagram has already confirmed that the company is testing Instagram links to all accounts while keeping an eye on misinformation and spam.
As a part of testing, some select users will be given access to the new story link sticker. However, it is still unknown when the feature will be rolled out to all.
Till then, here is a way by which you can share links even without 10k followers. This is not a direct way to add a link to your Story. But you can add it using IGTV videos which have multiple clickable links in the video description.
That simply means you can use IGTV videos as a landing page to add a link to your Stories. Here’s how you can add it.
Add IGTV Video to Story
- Open the Instagram App on your smartphone.
- Upload or record a video with more than 60-second in length.
- Add an the description with the link that you want to add in the description.
- Now post the video to IGTV.
- Add this video to your story using the paper plane icon.
- Now, select the link icon at the top of the screen and tap ‘IGTV video’.
- You IGTV video will now be accessible via swipe-up link from your story.
- Done, now publish the story.
Your video will now be shared in your Story and your viewers can view it by swiping up. Then they will be able to see the link via your video description by clicking on the title. However, you will not be able to see it.
This is the way by which you can share links in your Instagram Story without 10k followers.