Add Image in the Border to a picture, How to Put a border around an image in Windows computer, How to Add Borders to a Picture Using Microsoft Paint –
Microsoft Paint is a popular graphic editor that has been included with all versions of Microsoft Windows. The software is helpful in performing basic editing in the photos.
Sometimes, users want to add a border to their image but they don’t know how to do it on the Windows’ in-built software Microsoft Paint. Hopefully, there is a way to add borders on an image using Paint.
So, if you are also one of those who want to add borders to a picture using MS Paint, read the article till the end as we have listed the ways to do so.
How to Add Borders to a Picture Using Microsoft Paint?
Many times, small changes to a picture make it appear different. One of them is the border as it changes its looks.
There are various methods to add borders to a picture, from free online tools to mobile apps. However, Windows users can make the best of native tools like Microsoft Paint to add borders to an image.
Add Borders to a Picture Using Shapes
Adding a border to a picture using the shapes in MS Paint is very simple. Here’s how you can do it on your system.
- Press the Windows+S key to open the search box in your system.
- Type Paint in the search bar and hit enter to open MS Paint.
- Click on the File at the top-left side and tap on Open.
- Now, select and open the image in which you want to add borders.
- After opening the images, click on the Rectangle under Shapes.
- Now, place the mouse cursor at the top-left side of the image and draw a rectangle filling all edges of the picture.
- Here, click on the Outline and choose Solid color.
- Below the outline, tap on Fill and select No Fill.
- To adjust the thickness of the border, click on the Outline and choose the thickness as per your requirement.
Change Color of the Border
If you want to change the color of the border which is black by default. However, you can’t change the border color once it has been drawn around the picture and saved.
Here’s how you can change the color of the border in MS Paint.
- Before using the shape, click on Color 1 and select the color of your choice from the given colors.
- If you want to use a different color, click on Edit Colors placed next to the given colors then select the color of your choice.
- Finally, draw your rectangle around the image and your border should have your selected color showing.
Use an Image as a Border
If you want to use an image or picture as a border, you can also do it. Here’s how you can use a photo as a border.
- Open the Paint on your system.
- Stretch out the Paint canvas and make it larger than the image you want to use as a border.
- Click on the Paste then tap on Paste From.
- Now, select and open the picture you want to make as a border.
- After opening the image, resize the image and make it like a border on the top.
- Repeat the above steps and fit all the edges by placing the image border on the left, right, and bottom of the canvas, and you should have a complete border.
Conclusion: Add Borders to a Picture Using Microsoft Paint
So, these are all the ways to add borders to a picture using Microsoft Paint. This includes tiling images to adding effects to images. We hope the article helps you in adding borders to a picture.
For more articles and updates, do Follow us on Social Media now and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.
You can easily add a border using Paint. To do so, open the Paint app on your system >> Tap on the File >> Select the Image in which you want to add border >> Click on the Shapes and choose Rectangle >> Fit the border in the edges >> Select No Fill in the Fill section.