Make your Friends List Private On Facebook, Hide your Friend List on Facebook, How to Hide Your Facebook Friend List from others, Change Facebook Setting to Hide your Friend List –
Facebook is a popular social media platform and is all about making friends. Previously, people would like to display their friends on their profiles. But nowadays due to many reasons with privacy concerns, people like to hide their friends and keep them to themselves.
By default, anyone can see your entire friends list. However, you can restrict or limit your friend list to some people or to you only. Hence, we are here to tell you how you can hide your friend list from some people or from everyone or limit it to you only.
Here’s how you can hide your friend list on Facebook in just a few steps.
Hide your Friend List on Facebook
Nowadays, it can be very tough to keep your personal information private online, but you can keep your Facebook friends list secure in a few steps. If you want to hide your friend list from strangers or from everyone. Here’s how you can do it.
On PC or Computer
Here’s how you can change the visibility of your friend list from your Computer or Laptop:
- Open the Facebook website on your web browser.
- Click on the triangle in the top-right corner to open the Account menu.
- Now, click on ‘Settings & Privacy’ and then select ‘Settings’.
- Click on the ‘Privacy’ placed in the left sidebar.
- Here, you will see the ‘How People Can Find and Contact You’ option.
- Under this, you will see ‘Who can see your friend list?’
- Click on the Edit button right after the ‘Who can see your friend list’ option.
- Here, you will see a drop-down menu.
- You can choose from the following options:
- Public: Anyone can see your Friends list.
- Friends: Only your Facebook Friends can see your friend list.
- Friends except…: If you want to hide your friend list from some selected friends then you can choose to select those friends in this option.
- Specific friends: If you want to hide your friend list from all the friends except some of them. Then select those in this option.
- Only me: Only you can see your friends list.
- Custom: If you want to select who can see your friends list and who can not. You can use Custom to enter the specific list or names under ‘Share With’ to let them see your friend list or you select ‘Don’t Share With’ to hide from seeing your friends list.
- After doing this, click on ‘Save changes’ to save the custom setting.
- Now, click on ‘Close’ on the right side to save.
- Done, your friend list will now be hidden from the people you choose.
Setup on a smartphone is also very similar to the setup on Computer. Here’s how to change the visibility of your friend list on Android and iOS devices:
- Open the Facebook App on your device.
- Tap on the three lines (or hamburger menu) placed in the top-right corner on Android or in the bottom-right corner for iPhone devices.
- Click on ‘Settings & Privacy’ and then select ‘Settings’.
- Now, click on ‘Privacy’.
- Here, click on ‘Who can see your friend list?’
- Now, you will see many options, click More and then See All to see the full options list.
- Choose one option from the given ones.
- After selecting click on the ‘Save’ option.
So, this is the method by which you can hide your friend list on Facebook. However, when people visit your profile, they may see friends they have in common.
Conclusion: Hide your Friend List on Facebook
This method will help people to protect their privacy. If you have any questions regarding this, do let us know in the comments below. Further, if you like the article, share it with your friends and family.
For more interesting articles and updates, do Follow us on Social Media now and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for amazing content.
You May Also Like: