TikTok restricted my account, how to turn off restricted mode on TikTok, how to change settings restricted by TikTok, “This content is age-restricted” on TikTok, “Video Unavailable” Restricted mode –
TikTok is a popular video-focused social networking service owned by ByteDance. It is a widely used platform and has millions of active users around the world.
These days, users are getting a “This content is age-restricted” error on their account with a message stating, “Video unavailable. This content is age-restricted”. I also got the same issue on my account while browsing videos. Hopefully, I removed the error successfully.
So, if you are also one of those who are getting the same error on your TikTok account, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to fix it.
How to Fix “This content is age-restricted” Error on TikTok?
The age-restricted error usually occurs when you set up TikTok’s Restricted Mode on the application as this helps block inappropriate videos that someone does not want to see.
But many times the age-restricted messages also show up even if you have never used Restricted Mode as the platform preventing you from seeing videos you want to watch.
In this article, we have listed some ways to fix the problem of the “This content is age-restricted” error on TikTok. Check the method one by one to see which one works best for you.
Turn Off Age Restriction
If you are getting the age-restricted error on your account, it’s worth checking and turning off the restricted mode. Here’s how you can disable it.
- Open the TikTok App on your device.
- Go to your profile by clicking the profile icon.
- Click on the three-lines (or hamburger menu) then select Settings and Privacy.
- Under the Content & Activity section, select Digital Wellbeing.
- If you will see On next to the Restricted mode then tap on it.
- Here, you will need to enter the four-digit PIN you created previously.
- On the next screen, click on Turn off Restricted Mode to disable it.
Done, you have successfully disabled the restricted mode from your account. But, if Restricted Mode is already set to Off and you are getting the age-restricted message, then you will need to contact customer support for help.
Contact TikTok for Help
Another way to fix the error is to contact TikTok for help. There are a couple of ways to contact TikTok. One of the ways to contact TikTok is by Tweeting or sending a message to @TikTokSupport on Twitter.
Another way to contact TikTok for help is by reporting a problem on the app. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the TikTok App on your phone.
- Navigate to your profile by clicking on the profile icon on the home page.
- Click on the hamburger menu then tap on Settings & Privacy.
- Here, click on Report a Problem and select Videos and sounds then choose Video Not Playing.
- On the next screen, select No and then Need more help.
- Now, explain your problem to the team and submit it.
Done, you have complained to the team, now wait for some time for TikTok to respond to you.
Another way to contact TikTok for help is by filling out the Share Your Feedback form. Here’s how you can do it.
- Visit tiktok.com/legal/report/feedback on a browser.
- Enter your details and select Report a bug in the topic.
- On the next screen, explain your problem and submit the form.
Now, wait for some time for TikTok to respond to your problem.
Change Your Age
Many users have also reported that settings their age above 18 years fix the error message they were gettings on their account. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open TikTok and go to your profile page.
- Click on the hamburger menu or three-lines icon.
- Select Settings and Privacy then tap on Manage Account.
- Finally, click on Date of birth or DOB and set your age to 18 years or above.
If you have previously set your age on your account, you need to contact TikTok to change the date of birth for your account. But then, you need to provide your ID or someone’s ID to prove your age.
Conclusion: “This content is age-restricted” Error on TikTok
So, these are the ways to fix This content is an age-restricted error on TikTok. We hope the article helped you in fixing the error on your account.
For more articles and updates, do Follow us on Social Media now and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.
You can easily disable the age-restricted mode. To do so, navigate to your profile, choose Settings and Privacy, and under Digital Wellbeing, turn off the toggle for restricted mode.