How to fix checkpoint required on Instagram, Location checkpoint required to continue Please Refresh, Message checkpoint_required checkpoint_url, Instagram checkpoint dismiss, Best Ways to Fix “Checkpoint Required” on Instagram –
Instagram is a popular and widely used photo and video-sharing social media platform owned by Meta. It has millions of active users around the world.
These days users are getting a checkpoint_required error on their account with the message stating “Your Post has been Removed” or “We Removed Content You Posted”. However, the solution to this problem is very easy.
So, if you are also one of those who are getting the same error on your account, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the ways to fix it.
How to Fix Checkpoint Required Error on Instagram?
In this article, we have listed some ways to fix the problem of the Checkpoint required errors. Check all the way to see which one works best for you.
Clear Cache Data
Clearing Cache data fixes most of the problems a user faced on an application. Here’s how you can clear the cached data of Instagram on an Android device.
- Open the Settings App on your Android device.
- Navigate to the Apps and then select Manage Apps.
- Search for Instagram and tap on it to open the App Info.
- Alternatively, you can open the App Info of Instagram from the home screen. To do so, press and hold the Instagram app icon and tap on the ‘i’ icon.
- On the App Info page, click on the Clear Data and then choose Clear Cache (in some Android phones, you will see Manage Storage or Storage usage instead of Clear Data, then tap on it).
After clearing the cached data, restart your phone. Using this way your problem should be fixed. However, iOS devices don’t have an option to clear the cache data.
Instead of that, they have an Offload App feature that clears all the cached data and reinstalls the app. Also, you will not lose any data in this process. Here’s how you can Offload the Instagram application.
- Open the Settings App on your iOS device.
- Navigate to the General and tap on it.
- Click on iPhone Storage and then select Instagram.
- Now, click on the Offload app option.
- Confirm it by clicking again.
- Click on the Reinstall app option.
Done, you have successfully Offloaded the app on your iPhone and it will be installed again and you will be logged in to your account.
Finally, restart your device and your issue should be fixed.
Update the App
If the above does not work for you, you need to update the Instagram app to fix the error as many times app updates come with bugs or glitch fixes. Here’s how you can update it on your device.
- Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your phone.
- Search for Instagram in the search box and hit enter.
- If you are seeing an Update button, click on the Update to download the latest version of the app.
- After updating the app, restart your device.
Done, you have successfully updated the application on your device and your issue should be fixed.
Confirm Your Login
If the above methods do not work for you then you need to confirm the login, here’s how you can do it.
- Visit Instagram.com and log in to your account by entering credentials.
- After logging in, a pop-up will display asking you to confirm an attempt to log in to your account from a different location.
- Click on the “It was me” button to confirm the identity if required.
- Now, open the Instagram App on your phone and your issue should be fixed.
Temporarily Disable Account
Some users have reported that temporarily disabling their account also fixes the problem of the Checkpoint required. Here’s how you can disable it.
- Open the Instagram website on the browser.
- Log in to your account if you have not already.
- Go to your profile feed by clicking your profile picture icon.
- Here, tap on Edit Profile.
- Scroll down and click on Temporarily Disable My Account at the bottom.
- Select one of the reasons and enter your account password.
- Finally, click on Temporarily Disable My Account to disable it.
- After 24 hours, reactivate your account by logging in to the account then follow the on-screen instructions and your issue should be fixed.
Conclusion: Fix “Checkpoint Required” on Instagram
So, these are the ways to fix the Checkpoint_Required error on Instagram. We hope the article helped you in fixing the problem that you are getting on your account.