Wondering how to fix You’re Using An Unsupported Version of Facebook Lite, How do I “You’re using an unsupported version. Update the app to the latest version” on the Facebook Lite app –
Facebook Lite is a liter version of the actual Facebook app, which allows users to save space on their phone and lets them use Facebook even if they are connected to a 2G network.
These days, users are getting, “You’re using an unsupported version. Update the app to the latest version” on their account. We also got the same issue but were able to fix it.
So, if you are also one of those who are facing the same problem, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to resolve it.
How to Fix You’re Using An Unsupported Version of Facebook Lite?
Many users have reported that they got the error message while they are opening the app and were not able to use it. In this article, we have listed the steps to fix “You’re Using An Unsupported Version of Facebook Lite.”
Clear Cache Data
Clearing cache data of an app fixes most of the problems a user faced on it as there are many instances when the files have gone corrupted. Here’s how you can clear the cached data on an Android phone.
- Long press the Facebook Lite app icon and tap on the ‘i’ icon.
- Click on Clear Data or Mange Storage or Storage Usage.
- Now, you will see a Clear Cache option, tap on it to clear the cached data.
- After clearing the cache data, your issue should be fixed.
However, iOS devices don’t have an option to clear the cache data. Instead, they have an Offload App feature that clears all the cached data and reinstalls the app. Here’s how you can Offload the Facebook Lite app on an iOS device.
- Open the Settings App on an iPhone.
- Go to General >> iPhone Storage and select Facebook Lite.
- Here, tap on the Offload app option.
- Confirm it by tapping on it again.
- Finally, click on the Reinstall app option to Offload it.
Update the App
If clearing cache data does not fix the problem then you need to update the app to the latest version as app updates come with Bug or glitch fixes and improvements. So, if you using an outdated app version then it may not work properly. Here’s how you can update it.
- Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your smartphone.
- Type Facebook Lite in the search box and hit enter.
- Click on the Update button to download the latest version of the app.
- Once updated, your issue should be fixed.
- Alternatively, you can also uninstall and reinstall the app to fix the problem.
Conclusion: Fix You’re Using An Unsupported Version of Facebook Lite
So, these are the ways by which you can fix You’re Using an Unsupported Version of Facebook Lite. We hope the article helped you in resolving the problem with your account.
You May Also Like: