Are you facing an error message stating, “We’ve detected suspicious behavior from phone numbers similar to yours. Please try again later or contact us through our help center at help.openai.com”? If so, in this read, you will learn how to fix “We’ve detected suspicious behavior” on ChatGPT.
How to Fix “We’ve detected suspicious behavior” on ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is a chatbot launched by OpenAI in November 2022. It is built on top of OpenAI’s GPT-3 family of large language models and is fine-tuned with both supervised and reinforcement learning techniques. It was founded by Elon Musk and Sam Altman in 2015 in San Francisco, California. Users are seeing error messages because ChatGPT’s system detects unauthorized activity with your phone number. In this article, we have added the ways by which you can fix the issue.
Use Another Phone Number
If you are seeing the error message then you need to use another phone number for creating an account on the platform. Once you do, your issue should be fixed.
You can also try using a temporary phone number. Follow the below steps to use a temporary mobile number.
1. Open a browser on your device and visit a free message receiver website like anonymsms.com, sms-activation-service.com, smsnator.online, receive-sms.cc, etc.
2. Get a number from one of the sites listed above then enter it on ChatGPT and try sending a code to it.
3. Enter the code that’s sent to the temporary phone number to finish creating your account.
Once done, you will be able to use ChatGPT without any issues.
Connect to a VPN
You can also try connecting to a VPN (Virtual Private Network) and using a different server location like the US, UK, etc. and you will be able to access the API from a different location.
After connecting to a VPN, close and reopen the website and you should be able to access it without any issues.
Contact OpenAI support
If you are still not able to use ChatGPT then you need to contact the support team. Follow the below steps to do so.
1. Visit the OpenAI Support Page on a browser.
2. Search and head over to your problem. (Tap on the chat bubble at the bottom right side >> Select Messages >> Send us a message >> Login or Sign up Issues >> No).
3. Enter your email address and tell them your problem (like Hello Team, when I try to link my phone number, it says that the system detected suspicious behavior. Kindly fix this problem as soon as possible) and wait for a few hours or days.
Check if OpenAI is down
You also need to check whether the OpenAI services are down or not. Here’s how you can check if it’s down or not.
1. Open an outage detector website on your device (like Downdetector or IsTheServiceDown).
2. Once opened, search for OpenAI in the search box and hit enter.
3. Here, you need to check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on the platform and it’s most likely down.
4. If the OpenAI ChatGPT servers are down, wait for some time as it can take a few hours for OpenAI to resolve the issue.
Conclusion: Fix “We’ve detected suspicious behavior” on ChatGPT
So, these are the ways by which you can fix “We’ve detected suspicious behavior” on ChatGPT. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
For more related articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick & latest updates.
You May Also Like: