Wondering how to fix We’re Sorry But Something Went Wrong on Instagram, Why is Instagram saying We’re Sorry But Something Went Wrong. Please Try Again Message –
Did you get the “We’re Sorry, but something went wrong. Please try again” error message on your Instagram account while using it.
If yes, then you are not alone because many users have reported that they are getting the same issue on their accounts. We also got the same error message while using Instagram the app but were able to fix it.
So, if you are also one of those who have got the We’re Sorry, but something went wrong error, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the ways by which you can fix it.
How to Fix “We’re Sorry But Something Went Wrong” on Instagram?
If you have got the We are sorry, but something went wrong error on your account then you will not be able to use some features on the platform. Also, you may not be able to log out of your account.
In this article, we have added some best ways to fix the error. Follow all the methods one by one and see which one works for you.
Switch Your Network
First of all, check whether you have an active Internet connection or not. Also, switch your network type. Like, if you are using mobile data, switch to Wi-Fi while if you are connected to Wi-Fi, switch to mobile data.
Sometimes the issue could be due to poor internet connectivity so switching to a strong network will definitely help you.
After switching the network type, your issue should be fixed. Also, make sure to close the Instagram app after switching your network type. This way your error should be fixed, and you can use the Instagram app without any issues.
Clear Cache Data
Some users have reported that Clearing the cache files of the Instagram app fixes the problem they are getting on their account. Here’s how you can clear cache data.
- Press and hold the Instagram app icon and click on the information or ‘i’ icon to open App Info.
- Tap on Clear Data or Mange Storage or Storage Usage.
- Finally, click on Clear Cache to clear the cached data.
iOS devices don’t have an option to clear the cache data. Instead, they have an Offload App feature. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Navigate to General >> iPhone Storage and tap on Instagram.
- Here, you will see an Offload app option, tap on it.
- Confirm it by tapping on Offload again.
After clearing the cache data, restart your smartphone and your issue should be fixed.
Update the Instagram App
App updates come with improvements and bug or glitch fixes that a user faced on the previous version of the application. So, if you are using an outdated version of Instagram then you need to update it.
Here’s how you can update the Instagram app on your device.
- Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your phone.
- Type Instagram in the search and hit enter.
- Click on Update to download the latest version of the app.
Done, you have successfully updated the Instagram app on your device and your issue should be fixed. Alternatively, you can also uninstall and reinstall the app to resolve the problem.
Wait for the Issue to Resolve
If you are still getting the error on your account then it’s more likely that there are some technical issues on the app or the servers of Instagram are down. Here’s how you can check if it’s down or not.
- Open an outage detector website on your device (e.g, Downdetector or IsTheServiceDown).
- After opening, search for Instagram.
- Now, check the spike in the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Instagram and it’s most likely down.
- If the Instagram servers are down, wait for some time as it can take a few hours for Instagram to resolve the issue.
So, just wait for a maximum of 48 hours and the error will automatically be lifted from your account.
Conclusion: We’re Sorry But Something Went Wrong Error on Instagram
So, these are some ways by which you can fix the “We’re sorry, but something went wrong. Please try again” error on Instagram. We hope the article helped you in resolving the issue from your account.