Twitter is a microblogging and social networking service. The platform allows users to post a tweet, retweet, and quote it and also allows them to send a text message to contacts. Are you not able to send messages on the platform? If so, in this read, you will learn how to fix the “We cannot send a text message to this number” error on Twitter.
How to Fix “We Cannot Send a Text Message to this Number” on Twitter?
Many users have reported that while trying to send a text message they are getting an error message stating, “We cannot send a text message to this phone number because its operator is not supported”. In this article, we have added the ways by which you can fix the error.
Update the App
Some users have reported that after updating the app to the latest version, they are able to send a text message on the platform. Follow the below steps to update the Twitter app.
1. Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your phone.
2. Search for Twitter in the search box and hit enter.
3. Click on the Update button to download the latest version of the app.
4. Once updated, open the app and you will be able to send messages without any issues.
Reinstall the Twitter App
You can also try re-installing the Twitter app on your device as some users have reported that uninstalling and installing the app again fixes the problem. Follow the below steps to reinstall the Twitter app.
1. Long press the Twitter app icon and click on Uninstall or Remove.
2. Confirm it by tapping on Uninstall or Remove button.
3. Once uninstalled, open Google Play Store or App Store on your device.
4. Search for Twitter in the search box and hit enter.
5. Click on the Install button to download the Twitter app.
6. Once installed, open the app then log in to your account and your issue should be fixed.
Use a Different Device
You can also try using Twitter from a different device like if you are using it on mobile, use it from a browser, or vice versa. If you are using the Twitter mobile app then try using the Twitter Lite app and your issue should be fixed.
Check if it’s down
If the above method does not work then there are chances that the Twitter servers are down or there is some technical glitch/bug. So, check whether it’s down or not. Follow the below steps to check if Twitter is down or not.
1. Open a browser on your device and visit an outage detector website (like Downdetector, IsTheServiceDown, etc.)
2. Once opened, search for Twitter in the search box and hit enter or tap on the search icon.
3. Now, you will need to check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Twitter and it’s most likely down.
4. If the Twitter servers are down, wait for some time (or a few hours) as it can take a few hours for Twitter to resolve the issue.
Contact Twitter support
If none of the methods work then you need to contact the Twitter support team. Follow the below steps to contact Twitter support.
1. Open a browser and head over to Twitter’s account access problem page.
2. Enter your username, and email address, and describe your issue in brief that you are not receiving the authentication code.
3. After filling out the form, tap on Submit to submit the form.
4. Wait for a few days to get a response from the team.
Conclusion: Fix “We Cannot Send a Text Message to this Number” on Twitter
So, these are the ways by which you can fix the “We Cannot Send a Text Message to this Number” on Twitter. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
For more related articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick & latest updates.
You May Also Like: