Valorant is a free-to-play first-person tactical hero shooter developed and published by Riot Games, for Microsoft Windows. Are you facing the issue where the download speed is too low or stuck on downloading window? If so, in this read, you will learn how to fix the Valorant Slow Download Speed issue.
How to Fix Valorant Slow Download Speed?
Many users have reported they are not able to download Valorant as they are getting slow speed or it’s stuck. In this article, we have added the ways by which you can fix Valorant’s Slow Download Speed.
Check Your Internet
Check whether you have a good internet connection or not because if it’s low, you will not able to download the game. If you are not sure about your Internet speed, you can run a speed test. Follow the below steps to run a speed test to check your internet speed.
1. Visit an Internet Speed Checker website on your device.
2. You can visit fast.com, speedtest.net, and others.
3. Once opened, click on Test or Start if the speed test does not begin automatically.
4. Wait for a few seconds or minutes until it finishes the test.
5. Once done, it will show the download and upload speeds.
Now, check whether you have a good download or upload speed. If it’s low, switch to a stable network. After switching the network type, your issue should be fixed.
Exclude the Game from Antivirus (Avast)
Many users have reported that they are getting the error while using the Avast antivirus on their PC. Hence, you need to exclude the Game file from the antivirus in order to resolve the problem. Moreover, if you are using any other antivirus you can also exclude the game from it. Follow the below steps to do it on Avast.
1. Open the Avast Antivirus on your PC.
2. Click on the menu at the top and select Settings.
3. On the next screen, tap on Exceptions.
4. Click on Add Exception then tap Browse.
5. Find the folder where the game is installed. After finding, select the checkbox for Riot Games then click OK.
6. Tap on Add Exception to add the game as an exception from the antivirus.
7. Once added, click on Add Exception then tap Browse.
8. Now, find Riot Vanguard and select the checkbox for it then tap OK (generally, it’s located under Local Disk C).
9. Finally, click on Add Exception then restart your system and your issue should be fixed.
Restart the Riot Games Launcher Client
Some users have also reported that restarting the Riot Games Launcher client fixes the problem on the game. Follow the below steps to do so.
1. Press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete key and select Task Manager to open it. Alternatively, you can Task Manager by searching for it in the Windows search box.
2. Click on the Processes tab at the top.
3. Right-click on the Riot Games Client task and select End Task.
4. Once done, open the game again and your issue should be fixed.
Update Windows to the latest version
Valorant has removed support for older versions of Windows 10. If you have an outdated version of Windows, you need to update it to play the game.
1. Press the Windows key and search for Check for updates and open it.
2. Select Download & Install to update Windows.
3. Try downloading or updating Valorant again.
Check the Game Servers
You also need to check whether the game servers are down or not. Here’s how you can check if it’s down or not.
1. Open an outage detector website on your device (like Downdetector or IsTheServiceDown).
2. Once opened, search for Valorant in the search box and hit enter.
3. Here, you need to check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Instagram and it’s most likely down.
4. Alternatively, you can also visit the Riot Games site for checking the status.
5. If the Valorant servers are down, wait for some time as it can take a few hours for Valorant to resolve the issue.
Conclusion: Fix Valorant Slow Download Speed
So, these are the ways by which you can fix the Valorant Slow Download Speed issue. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
For more related articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick & latest updates.
You May Also Like: