Are you facing an error stating, Update your app on Vanced and not able to update it on your device? If so, in this read, you will learn how to fix the “Update your app” issue on YouTube Vanced.
How to Fix “Update your app” on YouTube Vanced?
YouTube Vanced is a modified third-party YouTube application for Android with a built-in ad blocker that allows users to watch ad-free videos without having to pay for YouTube premium. The app also has sponsor block, background play, and picture-in-picture mode.
After the developers of Google sent a cease and desist letter, Vanced is discontinued. However, you can still download and use the Vanced app from various third-party websites. In this article, we have added the ways by which you can fix the “Update your app” issue on YouTube Vanced.
Clear App Cache
Clearing the cache data of an app fixes most of the problems a user faced on the app. Follow the below steps to clear YouTube Vanced’s cache data.
1. Open the Settings app on your phone.
2. Click on Apps then tap on Manage Apps or All Apps.
3. Tap on Vanced from the list of apps to open App Info.
4. Alternatively, press and hold the Vanced app icon and click on the ‘i’ icon.
5. Tap on Clear Data or Mange Storage or Storage Usage.
6. Finally, click on Clear Cache to clear cache data.
Once done, you will be able to use the app without getting the error message. In some cases, you need to clear cache data each time you open the Vanced app to avoid getting the “Update your app” error message.
Download an older version
Sometimes, there might be a bug or glitch in the latest version of the app. Hence, you need to install the older version of the app in order to get rid of the issue. Follow the below steps to download an older version of the Vanced app.
1. Uninstall the YouTube Vanced app from your device.
2. After uninstalling, open a browser on your device.
3. Visit: vanced.en.uptodown.com/android
4. Click on the older version button and select an older version of Vanced to download it.
5. Once downloaded, your issue should be fixed.
Discontinued for Your Device
If the above method does not work for you then there are chances that YouTube has discontinued the version you are using for your Android because YouTube does yearly discontinuations for Vanced.
Like, they discontinued the 15.xx.xxx versions for some Android devices or versions and recently they extended the discontinuation for some 16.xx.xxx Android versions.
Conclusion: Fix “Update your app” on YouTube Vanced
So, these are the ways by which you can fix “Update your app” on YouTube Vanced. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
For more related articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick & latest updates.
You May Also Like: