Google Play, also known as the Google Play Store and formerly the Android Market, is a digital distribution service operated and developed by Google. Are you seeing an error that shows the app will not work for your mobile? If so, in this read, you will learn how to fix “This app won’t work for your device” on Google Play Store.
How to Fix “This app won’t work for your device” on Google Play?
Many users have reported that they are seeing an error message stating, “This app will not work for your device” when they try to download or open the app on their Android phone. In this article, we have added the ways by which you can fix “This app won’t work for your device” on Google Play.
Clear Play Store Cache
Many users have reported on Reddit that clearing the cache data for Google Play fixes the problem. Follow the below steps to do so on your Android phone.
1. Open the Settings app on your phone.
2. Click on Apps then tap on Manage Apps. (on some Android phones, you will see All Apps or See All Apps, tap on it).
3. Tap on Google Play Store to open its App Info.
4. Click on Clear Data or Mange Storage or Storage Usage.
5. Finally, click on Clear Cache to clear the cache data.
Once you clear the cache for Play Store, your issue should be fixed.
Update Your Android
You can also try updating your Android phone as the app you are trying to download may not be compatible with your device’s operating system. Follow the below steps to update your phone.
1. Open the Settings app on your device.
2. Navigate to System or About Phone.
3. On the next screen, tap on System Update.
Follow the on-screen instructions to check and update your Android device.
Use a VPN
You can also try connecting to a VPN as the app might not be available in your country and if it’s not available in your country then you need to use a VPN in order to get the app. Follow the below steps to do so.
1. Install a free VPN app on your device.
2. Connect to a VPN server where the app is available.
3. Force exit the Google Play Store or App Store and reopen it.
4. Now, search for the app and install it.
Once done, you will be able to use the app in your country without any issues.
Download the App from an APK website
You can also download the app from a third-party APK downloading website on your Android device. Follow the below steps to do so.
2. Search for the app in the search box and hit enter.
3. Download the latest version of the app.
After downloading the app, install the apk file on your device and you will be able to use the app without any issues.
Conclusion: Fix “This app won’t work for your device” on Google Play
So, these are the ways by which you can fix the “This app won’t work for your device” issue on Google Play. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
For more related articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick & latest updates.
You May Also Like: