Wondering how to fix “Sorry, we couldn’t update your profile picture” on Instagram, Can’t Change Profile Photo on Meta-owned photo sharing platform, “Sorry, we couldn’t update your profile picture. Please confirm you have an internet connection and try again in a moment” –
Instagram is a photo and video-sharing social media service owned by Meta. Just like other social media platforms, Instagram also users to have their profile photo.
It also allows users to update their profile photos whenever they want. However, these days, users are not able to change and update their profile picture on Instagram and instead get an error message stating, “Sorry, we couldn’t update your profile picture”. We also faced the same issue on our account but were able to troubleshoot it.
So, if you are also one of those who are facing the same problem on your Instagram account, you just need to read the article till the end as we have added the ways by which you can fix it.
How to Fix “Sorry, we couldn’t update your profile picture” on Instagram?
Many users have reported on different social media platforms that they have got the same error while trying to update their profile picture on Instagram. If you have got the error message, you will not be able to update your profile photo on the platform. In this article, we have added some ways by which you can fix the error.
Check Your Internet
Check whether you have a good internet connection or not because if your internet speed is too slow, you will not be able to update your profile picture on the platform. If you are not sure about your Internet speed, you can try running an Internet speed test on your device. Here’s how you can run a speed test.
1. Open a browser and visit an Internet Speed Checker website on your device.
2. You can visit fast.com, speedtest.net, etc.
3. Once opened, click on Test or Start if the speed test does not begin automatically.
4. Wait for a few seconds or minutes till it finishes the test.
5. Once done, it will show the download and upload speeds.
Now, check whether you have a good download or upload speed. If it’s low, switch to a stable network. After switching the network type, your issue should be fixed.
Update the Instagram App
You can also try updating the Instagram app as updates come with bugs/glitches fixes and improvements. Here’s how you can update the Instagram app on your phone.
1. Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your phone.
2. Search for Instagram in the search box and hit enter.
3. Tap on the Update button to download the latest version of the app.
4. Once updated, your issue should be fixed.
5. If there is no update available then you can also try re-installing the app.
Change Profile Picture from Instagram Website
You can also try changing the profile picture from the Instagram website as there are chances that the issue might be within the Instagram app and not with the web version. Follow the below steps to change it.
1. Open a browser on your device.
2. Visit instagram.com and log in to your account if you have not already.
3. Tap on your profile picture icon at the bottom right side to open your profile feed.
4. Click on Edit Profile on the profile page.
5. On the next screen, tap on the Change profile photo.
6. From the pop-up window, tap on Upload Photo.
7. Select the photo from your device and you will be able to change it without any issues.
Check if it’s down
If the above method does not work then there are chances that the Instagram servers are down or there are some technical issues. So, check whether Instagram is down or not. Follow the below steps to check if it’s down or not.
1. Open a browser and visit an outage detector website (like Downdetector, IsTheServiceDown, etc.)
2. Once opened, search for Instagram in the search box and hit enter.
3. Now, check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Instagram and it’s most likely down.
4. If the Instagram servers are down, wait for some time (or a few hours) as it can take a few hours for Instagram to resolve the issue.
Contact Instagram Support
If all of the above methods fail in fixing the issue, you need to report the problem to Instagram’s Support Team. Follow the below steps to report a problem.
1. Open the Instagram app on your phone.
2. Tap on your profile icon on the bottom-right side.
3. Click on three lines (or hamburger menu) at the top-right side.
4. Select Settings from the given options.
5. Choose Help then select Report a Problem.
6. Tap on Report a Problem on the next screen.
7. Now, describe your issue and add images if you wish to then click on Submit button to report the issue.
After filling out and sending the form, you need to wait for a few days to get a reply from the Instagram team. Instagram will fix the problem.
Conclusion: Fix “Sorry, we couldn’t update your profile picture” on Instagram
So, these are the ways by which you can fix “Sorry, we couldn’t update your profile picture” on Instagram. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
You May Also Like: