Wondering how to Fix Sorry We Couldn’t Complete Your Request Instagram, Why Instagram showing “Sorry we couldn’t complete your request” –
Instagram is a social media platform that allows users to create and share photos, videos, and stories with their friends and followers they care about. It is a widely used platform that has millions of active users around the world.
Some users have reported that they have got, the “Sorry, we couldn’t complete your request. Please try again in a moment” error on their accounts. We also got the same issue but were able to resolve it.
So, if you are also one of those who are getting the same problem on your Instagram account, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to fix it.
How to “Fix Sorry We Couldn’t Complete Your Request” on Instagram?
Many users are complaining about the issue on social media platforms. In this article, we have added some best ways by which you can fix the problem on your Instagram account.
Restart Your Device
The very first method you can try to fix the problem is to restart your smartphone as restarting fixes most of the issues a user faced on their device. Here’s how you can restart your phone.
Restart iPhone X and later:
- Long-press the Side button and Volume Down buttons at once.
- Release the buttons when the slider appears.
- Move the slider to turn off your iPhone.
- Wait for a few seconds and hold down the Side button until the Apple logo appears to restart your device.
Restart Android Phones:
- Long-press the Power button or Side button on an Android phone.
- Tap on Restart from the given options on the screen.
- Wait for a few seconds to finish the restarting process.
Clear Cache Data
If restarting does not fix the problem then you need to clear the cache data as there are many instances when the data files have gone corrupted. Here’s how you can clear the cached data on an Android phone.
- Press and hold the Instagram app icon and tap on the ‘i’ icon.
- Click on Clear Data or Mange Storage or Storage Usage.
- Here, you will see the Clear Cache option, tap on it to clear the cached data.
- After clearing the cache data, your issue should be fixed.
However, iOS devices don’t have an option to clear the cache data. Instead, they have an Offload App feature. Here’s how you can Offload Instagram on your iPhone.
- Open the Settings App on your iPhone.
- Go to General >> iPhone Storage and select Instagram.
- Now, click on the Offload app option.
- Confirm it by clicking on it again.
- Finally, tap on the Reinstall app option to Offload it.
Update the App
Another way to fix the problem is by updating the Instagram app as app updates come with Bug or glitch fixes and improvements. So, if you using an outdated app version then it may not work properly. Here’s how you can update it.
- Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your device.
- Type Instagram in the search box and hit enter.
- Click on the Update button to download the latest version of the app.
- Once updated, your issue should be fixed.
Done, you have successfully updated the app on your device and your issue should be fixed. Alternatively, you can also uninstall and reinstall the app to fix the problem.
Check if it’s down
Another way is to check whether the Instagram servers are down or not. Here’s how you can check it.
- Open a browser on your device and visit an outage detector website (e.g., Downdetector, IsTheServiceDown, etc.)
- After opening a website, type Instagram in the search box and hit enter.
- Here, you will need to check the spike of the graph. A huge spike means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Instagram and it’s most likely down.
- If the Instagram servers are down, wait for some time (or a few hours) as it can take a few hours for Instagram to resolve the issue.
Hence, if none of the methods work then you need to wait for 48 to 72 hours as some users have reported that the issue goes away from their account after a few days.
Conclusion: Sorry We Couldn’t Complete Your Request Instagram
So, these are the ways by which you can fix “Sorry, we couldn’t complete your request” on Instagram. We hope the article helped you in resolving the problem and now you will be able to use Instagram without any issues.
For more articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick updates.
If you are seeing, the “Sorry we couldn’t complete your request” error on your account, it possibly means that the servers of Instagram are down. Hence, you need to wait for a few hours or days to get it fixed.
You can easily fix the couldn’t complete your request issue by either restarting your device or clearing cache data or waiting for it.
You May Also Like: