Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is a first-person shooter game developed by Infinity Ward and published by Activision. It is the 6th installment in the Call of Duty series and the sequel to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Are you not able to start the game after pressing the ‘A’ key? If so, in this read, you will learn how to fix “Press A to Start” Not Working on Modern Warfare 2.
How to Fix “Press A to Start” Not Working on Modern Warfare 2?
Many users have reported that they are not starting the game after pressing the ‘A’ key. It’s not starting because you don’t have an Xbox Live subscription. Hence, you need a subscription to get past the login screen, otherwise, you need to play offline because you are restricted from playing online. Also, some users have forgotten to renew their subscriptions, hence they are stuck on the login screen. In this article, we have added the ways by which you can fix the problem on Xbox One, Series X, or Series Y.
Enable Offline Mode
First of all, you need to enable Offline Mode in order to resolve the problem. Follow the below steps to turn it on.
1. Launch the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 game.
2. Press the ‘A’ key to start the game then press ‘B’.
3. Once you do, a pop-up will occur, select Go Offline.
4. To go into the online menu, press the select/options button.
Activate Xbox Live Subscription
If the above method does not work then you need to renew or activate your Xbox Live Subscription. Follow the below steps to do so.
1. Turn on your Microsoft Xbox console.
2. Go to the Xbox or Microsoft Store.
3. Here, you will see Xbox Live Gold, select it.
4. Choose a plan and pay using a debit/credit card.
5. Once done, your issue should be fixed.
Some users have reported that after removing the account they are able to resolve the problem. Follow the below steps to do so.
1. Press the Xbox Button to open the guide.
2. Go to System >> Settings >> Remove Accounts.
3. Choose your Account and select Remove.
4. Once done, tap on Close.
1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
2. Now Choose Gamerpic at the top-left side.
3. Scroll down and select Add New.
4. Enter your email ID and password.
5. Select the checkbox for I accept the privacy.
6. Follow the steps and configure your sign-in & security preferences to add your Microsoft account to your Xbox console.
Conclusion: Fix “Press A to Start” Not Working on Modern Warfare 2
So, these are the ways by which you can fix the “Press A to Start” not working problem on Modern Warfare 2. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
For more related articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick & latest updates.
You May Also Like: