Please wait a few minutes before you try again Instagram login, How to Fix Please wait a few minutes before you try again Error on Instagram PC or Mobile, Fix Instagram Error on Android smartphone –
Instagram is a popular and widely used social media platform owned by Meta (formerly known as Facebook). The photo and video sharing platform has billions of active users globally.
However, these days users are getting a popup message while trying to log in to your account which says, “Please wait a few minutes before you try again”. Some users are also getting this error while viewing their feed.
Hopefully, there are some fixes by which you remove the error on your account. So, if you are also getting the same error, read the article till the end as we have listed some ways to fix the issue.
Related Read: How to Fix Sorry this page isn’t available on Instagram?
How to Fix Please wait a few minutes before you try again Error?
We have listed some ways to fix the Please wait a few minutes before you try again Error on Instagram. Here’s how you can fix the issue on your account.
Fix 1: Clear Cache Data or Reinstall App
Before clearing cache data, check if your application is updated on the latest version or not. Here’s how you can check for updates.
- Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your smartphone.
- Search for Instagram in the search bar and hit enter.
- Now, check if there is any update or not.
- If there is an update available, click on the update.
If your issue will not solve after updating the application, you need to clear the cache data of Instagram. Clearing cache data removes all the background processes. Here’s how you can do it on your Android device.
- Open Settings on your device.
- Scroll down and click on Apps then select Manage Apps.
- Search for Instagram app and tap on it to open the App Info.
- Alternatively, you can open the App Info from home screen. To do so, press and hold the Instagram and then click on ‘i’ icon.
- In the App Info page, click on the Clear Data or Manage Storage and then choose Clear Cache.
After clearing the cached data, restart your smartphone. Using this way your error should be fixed. However, Apple users don’t have an option to clear the cache data. You can Offload access data through the settings on your iOS device.
Alternatively, you can uninstall the Instagram app and install it again from Google Play Store or App Store if clearing cache data does not work for you. After re-installing the application, allow all the permission, and your error should be fixed.
Fix 2: Switch Your Network Type
Check whether you have active Internet on your device. Further, switch your network type like if you are connected to mobile data, switch to a Wi-Fi network while if you are connected to a Wi-Fi network, switch to mobile data.
After switching the network type on your device, your issue should be fixed. Make sure to close the application after switching your network. This way your error should be fixed, and you can use the social media platform as usual.
Instagram blocks the IP address in the Please wait a few minutes before you try again Error. Hence, after switching from your mobile data to Wi-Fi, your IP address will change and it will solve the issue you are facing.
Alternatively, you can try to connect to a VPN (Virtual Private Network) as it also hides your IP address. After connecting to a VPN, your issue should be fixed.
Fix 3: Wait for the issue to resolve
If the above methods do not work for you, wait for the issue to resolve. Some users reported that the issue will typically last for 24 to 72 hours. So, leave your account for up to 72 hours to fix the issue as it is a temporary issue.
How to keep your account safe Prevent this error on Instagram?
If you don’t want to face these types of errors in the future, you need to learn how you can prevent them. We have listed some ways to keep your account safe from these types of errors.
- Don’t use a bot for increasing followers or likes.
- Stop logging in and out repeatedly.
- Do not logged into third-party apps or services.
- Stop following or unfollowing a huge amount of users.
- Don’t post too much content (don’t post over 7-9 every day)
- Try not to comment on everyone’s post.
- Try not to like every post.
So, these are some tips to keep your account safe. We hope this will work in keeping your account safe. Further, if you are using any third-party services, you need to log out of all the third-party apps and services.
Here’s how you can remove third-party access from Instagram App.
- Open Instagram App on your device.
- Click on the profile picture to open your profile page.
- Tap on the three-lines icon (or hamburger menu) at the top-right side.
- Click on the Settings and select Security.
- Here, you will see many options. Click on Apps and Websites.
- Tap on Active then tap Remove to remove access.
If you are using Instagram on a desktop, here’s how you can remove access from Instagram on a PC.
- Open Instagram.com on the browser.
- Log in to your account if you have not already.
- Click on your profile icon at the top.
- Now, click on the Settings icon then select Apps and Websites.
- Click on Remove under Active to remove third-party websites.
Conclusion: Please wait a few minutes before you try again Error
So, these are all the ways to fix Please wait a few minutes before you try again error on Instagram. We hope the article helps you in fixing the issue on your account.
For more articles and updates, do Follow us on Social Media now and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.