Wondering How to Fix “Player is in a different version of Overwatch” on Overwatch 2, I’m not able to invite a user on the game as I’m getting an error message –
Overwatch 2 is a first-person shooter game developed and published by Blizzard Entertainment. The game comes as a sequel to the 2016 hero shooter Overwatch and it intends a shared environment for player-versus-player modes while introducing persistent cooperative modes.
Some users are getting, “Player is in a different version of Overwatch” while trying to invite other users to the game and if you can’t invite your friends, it means that they don’t have updated their game.
So, if you are also one of those who are facing the same issue on the Overwatch 2 game, you just need to read the article till the end as we have added the steps to fix it.
How to Fix “Player is in a different version of Overwatch” on Overwatch 2?
If you are seeing the error message, you will not be able to invite other users to the game. In this article, we have added the ways by which you can fix “Player is in a different version of Overwatch”.
Use Beta Version of Battle.net
Users have reported that using the beta version of Battle.net fixes the error message. Follow the below steps to switch to the beta version.
1. After getting the error, close the game.
2. Open Battle.net and tap on the Battle.net logo.
3. Tap on the Settings or gear icon then chooses Beta.
4. Select the Switch to the Beta button.
5. Once the process completes, launch Overwatch 2, and your issue should be fixed.
Some users have reported that updating it fixes the issue. Follow the below steps to update it on your device.
1. Open Battle.net and log in to your account if you have not already.
2. Click on the gear icon near the launch button.
3. Check for updates and if there is an update, download it.
1. Click on the Start button on the game’s bar.
2. Choose the option of checking for updates.
1. Under My Games & Apps, go to the Manage option.
2. Press the Update button to download it.
On Nintendo Switch
1. Press the Start button.
2. Tap on the Update button.
Contact Blizzard Support Team
You can also contact Blizzard Support if the above methods are not working for you. Follow the below steps by which you can contact the Blizzard Support team.
1. Visit the Battle.net support page on a browser.
2. Click on the Technical option and select Contact Support.
3. Describe your issue and tap on I Still Need Help.
4. Select Technical >> Your Platform >> Can’t Connect >> Contact Us.
5. Log in to your Battle.net account and submit a ticket.
Conclusion: Fix “Player is in a different version of Overwatch” on Overwatch 2
So, these are the ways by which you can fix “Player is in a different version of Overwatch” on the Overwatch 2 game. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
For more articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick updates.
You May Also Like: