Are you not seeing Facebook marketplace messages on Facebook Messenger? If you are not seeing them, you will not be able to chat with buyers or sellers through the platform as Facebook Marketplace allows users to discover, buy, and sell products. In this read, you will learn how you can fix the “No messages new messages will appear here” issue on Messenger.
How to Fix “No messages new messages will appear here” on Messenger?
There are many users who are reporting on different social websites that they are getting an error message stating, “No messages, new messages will appear here”. In this article, we have added the ways by which you can fix the issue.
Check Archived Chats
First of all, check your archived chats as there are chances that you might have archived the chat previously on the platform. Follow the below steps to do so.
1. Open the Facebook Messenger app on your device.
2. Click on your profile picture icon.
3. Select Archived chats on the next screen.
4. Find the archived chat as you might have accidentally archived it.
Allow others on Facebook to message you
1. Open the Messenger app on your phone.
2. Tap on your profile icon then select Privacy & safety.
3. Click on Message delivers and choose Others on Facebook.
4. On the next screen, tap on Message requests.
5. Force exit Messenger and reopen the app.
Update the Messenger App
Another way to fix the issue is by updating Instagram as app updates come with bug/glitch fixes and improvements. Follow the below steps to update the Messenger app on your phone.
1. Open Google Play Store or App Store on your device.
2. Search for Messenger in the search box and hit enter.
3. Click on the Update button to download the latest version of the app.
Reinstall the Messenger App
You can also try re-installing the Messenger app on your device as some users have reported that uninstalling and installing the app again fixes the problem. Here’s how you can reinstall the app.
1. Long press the Messenger app icon and tap on Uninstall or Remove.
2. Confirm it by tapping on Uninstall or Remove button.
3. Once uninstalled, open Google Play Store or App Store on your phone.
4. Search for Messenger in the search box and hit enter.
5. Click on the Install button to download the Messenger app.
6. Once installed, open the app then log in to your account and your issue should be fixed.
Check if it’s down
If the above method does not work then there are chances that the Messenger servers are down or there is some technical glitch/bug. So, check whether it’s down or not. Here’s how you can check if Messenger is down or not.
1. Open a browser on your device and visit an outage detector website (like Downdetector, IsTheServiceDown, etc.)
2. Once opened, search for Messenger in the search box and hit enter or tap on the search icon.
3. Now, you will need to check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Messenger and it’s most likely down.
4. If the Messenger servers are down, wait for some time (or a few hours) as it can take a few hours for Messenger to resolve the issue.
Conclusion: Fix “No messages new messages will appear here” on Messenger
So, these are the ways by which you can fix “No messages new messages will appear here” on Facebook Messenger. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
You May Also Like: