Wondering How to Fix “Mobile Phone Number Required” in Modern Warfare 2, How do I Resolve Mobile Number Required on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Game in Steam –
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is a first-person shooter game developed by Infinity Ward and published by Activision. It is the 6th installment in the Call of Duty series and is the direct sequel to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
Many users are complaining on different social media platforms that they have been stuck on the “Mobile Phone Number Required” screen after opening the game on their device. We also got the same problem on our account but were able to get rid of it.
So, if you are also one of those who are getting the same issue on the game, you just need to read the article till the end as we have added the steps to fix it.
How to Fix “Mobile Phone Number Required” in Modern Warfare 2?
Some users have complained that they are not able to add their number to the game while others have reported that after adding the phone number, they are still seeing the same screen on the game. In this article, we have added the steps to fix the error.
Add the Mobile Number
If you have not added your phone number on Steam, you need to add it in order to play the game without any issues.
1. Click on “Go to Steam Account”.
2. Enter your mobile number and enter the verification code.
3. Once entered close the Steam window and click on “I already added a phone number”.
Re-enter your Phone Number
If you are still facing the problem then you need to remove your phone number and then enter it again on Steam. Here’s how you can do it.
1. Open Steam on your device.
2. Click on Steam from the top-left corner.
3. Select Settings and tap on View Account Details under the Account section.
4. Click on Manage your phone number under Contact Info.
5. Now, tap on Remove Number to remove your phone number from Steam.
6. Once removed, open COD: Modern Warfare 2 and tap on “Go To Steam Account” on the “Mobile Number required” page.
7. Enter your mobile number and enter the verification code.
8. Once entered close the Steam window and click on “I already added a phone number”.
Delete Web Browser Data on Steam
Another way you can try to fix the issue is by deleting the web browser data on Steam. Once you do that, all the cached files, cookies, and history on Steam will be deleted and your issue should be fixed. Here’s how you can delete it.
1. Open Steam and log in to your account.
2. Tap on Steam from the top navigation.
3. Click on Settings and select Web Browser.
4. Tap on Delete Web Browser Data then click on OK.
5. Once deleted, open Call of Duty: Moder Warfare 2, and your issue should be fixed.
Conclusion: Fix “Mobile Phone Number Required” in Modern Warfare 2
So, these are the ways by which you can fix the “Mobile Phone Number Required” error on the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 game. I hope you find this article helpful, if you did, share it with your friends and family.
You May Also Like: