Wondering How to Fix Messenger Filters Not Working, 9 Best Ways to Fix Messenger Filters Not Working, Facebook Messenger Video Call Effects Not Showing or Working Properly, Video Calls Filters or Effects Not Showing –
Messenger is an instant messaging app and service developed by Meta Platforms. Messenger is connected to Facebook, and users will have to log in to their Facebook account in order to sign in and use Messenger. The platform allows us to send messages, and make voice and video calls to other users.
On video calls, you can also use special effects or filters like different backgrounds, lighting, and much more. To add it, you need to tap on the emoji icon and then select Effects, Lighting, and Backgrounds. However, these days, for some users, these filters are not working or showing. We also got the same issue but were able to resolve it.
So, if you are also one of those who are facing the problem of Messenger Filters or Effects Not Working or Showing, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed some best ways to fix it.
How to Fix Messenger Filters Not Working?
Many users have reported that there are not able to use the Filters or Effects on Messenger Video Calls. There can be various reasons for Issues on Messenger, one being an outdated app version. Other reasons could be cache data, and glitches/bugs in the service. In this article, we have listed some best ways to fix the problem.
Force Close the App
The very first method you can try to fix the problem is by force closing the app as some users have reported that after force-stopping the Messenger app, they are able to use it without any issues. Here’s how you can do it.
1. Open the Settings app on your Android phone.
2. Go to Apps then click on Manage Apps or All Apps.
3. Tap on Messenger from the list of apps to open App Info.
4. Alternatively, on the home screen, long press the Messenger app icon then tap on the ‘i’ icon to open the App Info.
5. Here, you will see a Force Stop option, tap on it.
6. Wait for a few seconds then reopen the Messenger app and your issue should be fixed.
1. On the home screen of the iPhone, Swipe up from the bottom and hold.
2. Swipe up the Messenger app window to remove it.
3. Reopen the app and your issue should be fixed.
Restart Your Device
If force stopping does not fix the problem then you need to restart your phone as restarting fixes most of the issues a user faced on their device. Here’s how you can restart your device.
Restart iPhone X and later:
1. Press and hold the Side button and Volume Down buttons at once.
2. Release the buttons when the slider appears.
3. Move the slider to turn off your iPhone.
4. Wait for a few seconds and hold down the Side button until the Apple logo appears to restart your device.
Restart Android Phones:
1. Press and hold the Power button or Side button on an Android phone.
2. Tap on Restart from the given options on the screen.
3. Wait for a few seconds to finish the restarting process.
Check Your Internet
Another way you can try to fix the problem is to check whether you have a good internet connection or not because if it’s low, you might face some issues while using the app. If you are not sure about your internet speed, you can check it from a speed checker website. Here’s how you can check it.
1. Open a browser on your device and head over to an Internet Speed Test website (like fast.com, speedtest.net, speakeasy.net, etc).
2. Tap on Go or Start button if the speed test does not begin automatically.
3. Wait for a few seconds or minutes till it finishes the test.
4. Once done, it will show the download and upload speeds.
5. If your internet speed is low, you will need to switch to a stable network to resolve the issue.
Clear Cache Data
Another way to try to fix the problem is by clearing the cache data as it fixes most of the problems a user faced on an app. Here’s how you can do it on your device.
1. Open the Settings app on your phone.
2. Click on Apps then tap on Manage Apps or All Apps.
3. Tap on Messenger from the list of apps to open App Info.
4. Alternatively, press and hold the Messenger app icon and click on the ‘i’ icon.
5. Tap on Clear Data or Mange Storage or Storage Usage.
6. Finally, click on Clear Cache to clear cache data.
iOS devices don’t have an option to clear the cache data. Instead, they have an Offload App feature that clears all the cached data and reinstalls the app. Here’s how you can Offload the Messenger app.
1. Navigate to Settings >> General >> iPhone Storage.
2. Here, you will see Messenger, tap on it.
3. Now, click on the Offload app option.
4. Confirm it by tapping on it again.
5. Finally, tap on the Reinstall app.
Update the Messenger App
Another way to fix the issue is by updating Instagram as app updates come with bug/glitch fixes and improvements. Here’s how you can update the Instagram app on your device.
1. Open Google Play Store or App Store on your phone.
2. Search for Messenger in the search box and hit enter.
3. Click on the Update button to download the latest version of the app.
Reinstall the Messenger App
You can also try re-installing the Messenger app on your device as some users have reported that uninstalling and installing the app again fixes the problem. Here’s how you can do it.
1. Long press the Messenger app icon and tap on Uninstall or Remove.
2. Confirm it by tapping on Uninstall or Remove button.
3. Once uninstalled, open Google Play Store or App Store on your phone.
4. Search for Messenger in the search box and hit enter.
5. Click on the Install button to download the Messenger app.
6. Once installed, open the app then log in to your account and your issue should be fixed.
Install the Old Version of Messenger
Some users have also reported that installing the older version of Messenger fixes the problem of Facebook Messenger Filters Not Working or Showing. Here’s how you can do it on your Android phone.
1. Uninstall the Messenger app from your Android phone.
2. Open a browser and visit an apk download website like Facebook-messenger.en.uptodown.com/android/versions or m.apkpure.com/facebook-messenger/com.facebook.orca
3. Install a previous version of Messenger.
4. Log in to your account and your issue should be fixed.
Check if it’s down
If the above method does not work then there are chances that the Messenger servers are down or there is some technical glitch/bug. So, check whether it’s down or not. Here’s how you can check if Messenger is down or not.
1. Open a browser on your device and visit an outage detector website (like Downdetector, IsTheServiceDown, etc.)
2. Once opened, search for Messenger in the search box and hit enter or tap on the search icon.
3. Now, you will need to check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Messenger and it’s most likely down.
4. If the Messenger servers are down, wait for some time (or a few hours) as it can take a few hours for Messenger to resolve the issue.
Contact Support Team
If you are still facing the issue then you need to contact the Messenger team by reporting a problem. Here’s how you can report a problem from the Messenger app.
1. Open the Messenger app on your device.
2. Tap on your profile icon on the top left side.
3. Scroll down and click on Report a Problem or Report Technical Problem.
4. Describe your problem that you are not able to use Filters on video calls.
5. Once done, click on Send button to report the issue.
6. Wait for a few days or weeks and Facebook Team will resolve your problem.
Conclusion: Fix Messenger Filters Not Working
So, these are the ways by which you can fix Messenger Filters or Effects Not Working or Showing. I hope you find this article helpful, if you did, share it with your friends and family.
For more articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick updates.
You May Also Like: