Wondering How to Fix the Invite Failed to Send Issue on Google Meet, 4 Ways to Fix Invite Failed to Send on Google Meet, Failed to Join Meeting on Google Meet -
Google Meet is one video-conferencing service developed by Google, available for Android, iOS, and web browsers. It is one of the two apps that constitute the replacement for Google Hangouts and Google Duo, the other being Google Chat.
Some users have reported that they are getting an error message stating, Invite Failed to Send on Google Meet while sending people the invite link or inviting people for a meeting. We also faced the same problem but were able to get rid of it.
So, if you are also one of those who are facing the same issue on your account, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to fix it.
How to Fix “Invite Failed to Send” on Google Meet?
There are instances when we enter a wrong email then Google Meet shows an error message stating, Invite Failed to Send. In this article, we have added some ways by which you can fix it.
1. If you have got the error, click on the red cut-off button at the bottom.
2. Tap on Return to Home Screen if does not return automatically.
3. Click on your profile icon at the top right side and select Sign out of all accounts.
4. Once signed out, close the browser.
5. Restart your system and open the browser again.
6. Open meet.google.com and log in to your account if you have not already.
7. Tap on New Meeting.
8. Select Start an instant meeting from the given options.
9. Now, you will be able to Add Others to the Meeting. You can also add other members by sharing the meeting link with them.
If you are using the mobile app of Google Meet and getting the error then you also need to remove all the Google accounts >> Re-open the app >> Sign in again to your Google account and your issue should be fixed.
Also, some users have reported that clearing the cache data of the Meet app also helps them to get rid of the problem. Heres how you can clear the cache data of Google Meet.
1. Open the Settings app on your phone.
2. Click on Apps then tap on Manage Apps or All Apps.
3. Tap on Google Meet from the list of apps to open App Info.
4. Alternatively, press and hold the Google Meet app icon and click on the i icon.
5. Tap on Clear Data or Mange Storage or Storage Usage.
6. Finally, click on Clear Cache to clear cache data.
iOS devices dont have an option to clear the cache data. Instead, they have an Offload App feature that clears all the cached data and reinstalls the app. Heres how you can Offload the Messenger app.
1. Go to Settings >> General >> iPhone Storage.
2. Here, you will see Google Meet, tap on it.
3. Now, click on the Offload app option.
4. Confirm it by tapping on it again.
5. Finally, tap on the Reinstall app.
Check if it’s down
If you are still getting the error then there are chances that the Google Meet servers are down or there is some technical glitch/bug. So, check whether its down or not. Heres how you can check if its down or not.
1. Open a browser on your device and visit an outage detector website (like Downdetector, IsTheServiceDown, etc.)
2. Once opened, search for Google Meet in the search box and hit enter or tap on the search icon.
3. Now, you will need to check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Meet and its most likely down.
4. If the Google Meet servers are down, wait for some time (or a few hours) as it can take a few hours for Google to resolve the issue.
Use An Alternative
Use any of the video-conferencing services from the listed one and start your meeting.
Conclusion: Fix “Invite Failed to Send” on Google Meet
So, these are the ways by which you can fix the Invite Failed to Send error on Google Meet. I hope you find this article helpful, if you did, share it with your friends and family.
You May Also Like: