Wondering how to fix Instagram Messages Disappearing Automatically, How Can I resolve the problem of Direct Messages getting disappeared on Instagram –
Instagram is a popular photo and video-sharing social media platform owned by Meta (formerly known as Facebook). It is a widely used platform and has millions of active users around the globe.
Are your “messages disappeared automatically” on Instagram? Don’t worry, we are here to help you. Some users are also getting “Failed to Send” errors on their accounts.
So, if you are facing the problem of Direct Messages Getting Disappeared Automatically just after they are sent on Instagram, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to fix it.
How to Fix Instagram DMs Disappearing Automatically?
There are many reasons why your messages are getting disappeared automatically on Instagram. In this article, we have listed some best ways by which you can fix it.
Restart Your Device
Restarting a phone fixes most of the problems a user faced on their device. Here’s how you can restart your smartphone.
Restart iPhone X and later:
- Long-press the Side button and Volume Down buttons at once.
- When the slider appears stating slide to power off, release the buttons.
- Move the slider to shut down your phone.
- Wait for 15-30 seconds and hold down the Side button until the Apple logo appears.
Restart iPhone All Other Models:
- Long-press the Sleep/Wake button. On older phones, it’s on the top. On iPhone 6 series and newer, it’s on the right side of the phone.
- When the slider appears, release the buttons.
- Move the slider and shut down your iPhone.
- When shuts down, long-press the Sleep/Wake button.
- Release the button when the Apple logo appears and wait for the iPhone to finish restarting.
Restart Android Phones:
- Long-press the Power button or side button on your Android phone.
- Click on Restart from the screen.
Update the Application
If the above method does not work for you then you need to update the application to the latest version as updates come with Bug fixes and improvements. Here’s how you can update the Instagram app on your phone.
- Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your device.
- Search for Instagram in the search box and hit enter.
- Click on the Update button if there is any update available to download the latest version of the app.
Done, you have successfully updated the Instagram app and your issue should be fixed.
Check if it’s down
Check whether the servers of Instagram are down or not. There are chances that the messaging feature is down.
You can check the status of the server from an outage website. There are a couple of websites to check if Instagram is down. Here’s how you can check if it’s down or not.
- Open a browser and visit an outage detector website such as Downdetector or IsTheServiceDown.
- After opening an outage website, search for Instagram and hit enter.
- Here, you need to check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on the platform and it’s most likely down.
- If the servers of Instagram are down, wait for some time as it can take a few hours for Instagram to resolve the issue.
- If it’s down, you need to wait for a few hours.
Conclusion: Instagram Messages Disappearing Automatically
So, these are the methods to fix the problem of Messages Disappearing Automatically on Instagram. We hope the article helped you in fixing the problem and sending the messages on the platform.