Are you getting HTTP Error 429 while using Instagram from a browser on a PC? If so, you just need to read the article till the end as we have added ways to fix Instagram HTTP Error 429 on your PC or computer.
How to Fix Instagram Http Error 429 on PC?
The HTTP 429 error code means that the user has sent too many requests in a given amount of time. In this article, we have added a step-by-step on how you can resolve the Instagram HTTP Error 429 on a PC.
Update the Browser
First of all, update the browser in which you are getting the error. Follow the below steps to update the browser.
1. Open the Browser on your system (in our case, we have opened Chrome).
2. Click on the three-dots icon then tap on Settings.
3. Tap on About Chrome from the sidebar.
4. The browser will automatically check for updates. If there is an update available, it will download automatically or you can manually download it by tapping on the Update button.
Delete Instagram Site Data and Permissions
If the above method does not work, then you need to delete Instagram Site Data and Permissions from the browser. Follow the below steps to delete it on Chrome browser.
1. Open the Chrome browser on your PC.
2. Tap on the three-dots icon and select Settings.
3. Click on Privacy and Security from the left sidebar.
4. On the next screen, tap on Cookies and other site data.
5. Scroll down and click on See all site data and permissions.
6. Now, find Instagram from the list and click on the trash icon next to it to delete its data.
7. Confirm it by tapping on the Clear button.
Flush DNS Resolver Cache
Many Reddit users have reported that flushing the DNS resolver cache helps them in fixing the problem. Follow the below steps to do so.
1. Press the Windows+R key to open the Run window.
2. Type cmd in the address box and hit enter. Alternatively, press search for cmd in the Windows search and run it as administrator.
3. Enter ipconfig /release and hit enter.
4. Now, enter or type ipconfig /renew and hit enter.
5. Finally, enter ipconfig /flushdns and press enter.
After doing this, open Instagram, and your issue should be fixed.
Change the DNS Address
Changing the DNS address also helps many users in resolving the problem. Follow the below steps to change your DNS address.
1. Press the Windows+S key on your keyboard.
2. Search for Control Panel and open it.
3. Tap on the View by drop-down and select Category.
4. Click on Network and Internet.
5. On the next screen, click on Network and Sharing Center.
6. Click on your internet next to Connections.
7. Tap on the Properties tab.
8. Now, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties.
9. Select the checkbox for Use the following DNS server addresses.
10. Set the Preferred DNS server to 22.214.171.124 and the Alternate DNS server to 126.96.36.199 then click OK.
11. Once you change the DNS addresses, your issue should be fixed.
Check if it’s down
If the above method does not work then there are chances that the Instagram servers are down or there are some technical issues. So, check whether Instagram is down or not. Follow the below steps to check if it’s down or not.
1. Open a browser and visit an outage detector website (like Downdetector, IsTheServiceDown, etc.)
2. Once opened, search for Instagram and hit enter.
3. Now, check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Instagram and it’s most likely down.
4. If the Instagram servers are down, wait for some time (or a few hours) as it can take a few hours for Instagram to resolve the issue.
Conclusion: Fix Instagram HTTP Error 429
So, these are the ways by which you can fix Instagram Http Error 429 on a PC. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
For more articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick updates.
You May Also Like: