Wondering How to Fix Instagram Followers Count Not Updating, My Instagram account is getting new followers but is not showing on my profile. How do I Fix the count that appears to be stuck at a number, 7 Best Ways to Fix Instagram Followers Count Not Updating –
Some users have reported that their Instagram follower count is not increasing or updating even after getting new followers. Don’t worry, we are here to help you.
So, if you are also one of those who are facing the same issue on your Instagram account, you just need to read the article till the end as we have added the ways to fix it.
How to Fix Instagram Followers Count Not Updating?
There can be various why you are follower count is not increasing or updating. One is because other users have unfollowed you and the number remains the same. Other reasons can be outdated app versions or glitches/bugs in Instagram.
In this article, we have added the best ways by which you can fix Instagram Followers Count Not Updating or Increasing.
Check if another user has unfollowed you
If you have got some new followers but it’s not showing on your profile then you need to check whether someone has unfollowed you on Instagram or not because if one user follows you on Instagram and at the same time, one user unfollows you then the follower’s count will not increase.
Hence, check it, and if you are sure that no one has unfollowed you and you are getting new followers but they are not showing or increasing on your profile then move on to the next fixes.
Restart Your Device
You can try restarting your device as sometimes the issue is related to the phone. Hence, restarting a phone resolves the problem. Follow the below steps to restart your phone.
Restart iPhone X and later:
1. Press and hold the Side button and Volume Down buttons at once.
2. Release the buttons when the slider appears.
3. Move the slider to turn off your iPhone.
4. Wait for a few seconds and hold down the Side button until the Apple logo appears to restart your device.
Restart Android Phones:
1. Press and hold the Power button or Side button on an Android phone.
2. Tap on Restart from the given options on the screen.
3. Wait for a few seconds to finish the restarting process.
Clear Cache Data
Another way you can try to get rid of the problem is by clearing the cache data of the Instagram app as it fixes most of the problems a user faced on an app. Follow the below steps to clear cache data.
1. Open the Settings app on an Android device.
2. Tap on Apps then click on Manage Apps or All Apps.
3. Tap on Instagram to open App Info.
4. Alternatively, press and hold the Instagram app icon then tap on the ‘i’ icon to open App Info.
5. Click on Clear Data or Mange Storage or Storage Usage.
6. Finally, tap on Clear Cache to clear cache data.
iOS devices don’t have an option to clear the cache data. Instead, they have an Offload App feature that clears all the cached data and reinstalls the app. Follow the below steps to Offload the Instagram app.
1. Go to Settings >> General >> iPhone Storage.
2. Here, you will see Instagram, tap on it.
3. Now, click on the Offload app option.
4. Confirm it by tapping on it again.
5. Finally, tap on the Reinstall app.
Update the Instagram App
Another way to fix the followers not updating problem is by updating Instagram as app updates come with bug fixes and improvements. Here’s how you can update the Instagram app on your phone.
1. Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your phone.
2. Search for Instagram in the search box.
3. Click on the Update button to download the latest version.
4. Once updated, your issue should be fixed.
5. If there is no update available then you can also try re-installing the app.
Check if it’s down
If the above method does not work then there are chances that the Instagram servers are down or there are some technical issues. So, check whether Instagram is down or not. Follow the below steps to check if it’s down or not.
1. Open a browser and visit an outage detector website (like Downdetector, IsTheServiceDown, etc.)
2. Once opened, search for Instagram in the search box and hit enter.
3. Now, check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Instagram and it’s most likely down.
4. If the Instagram servers are down, wait for some time (or a few hours) as it can take a few hours for Instagram to resolve the issue.
Contact Instagram Support
If all of the above methods fail in fixing the problem, you need to report the problem to Instagram’s Support Team. Follow the below steps to report a problem on Instagram.
1. Open the Instagram app on your phone.
2. Tap on your profile icon on the bottom-right side.
3. Click on three lines (or hamburger menu) at the top-right side.
4. Select Settings from the given options.
5. Choose Help then select Report a Problem.
6. Tap on Report a Problem on the next screen.
7. Now, describe your issue and add images if you wish to then click on Submit button to report the issue.
After filling out and sending the form, you need to wait for a few days to get a reply from the Instagram team. Instagram will fix the problem.
Install an Older Version (Android)
Some users have also reported that installing an older version of Instagram fixes the problem of Followers not increasing. Here’s how you can do it on your Android phone.
1. Uninstall the Messenger app from your Android phone.
2. Open a browser and visit an apk download website like uptodown.com or apkmirror.com
3. Search for Instagram and Install a previous version of Instagram.
4. Once downloaded, log in to your account and your issue should be fixed.
Conclusion: Fix Instagram Followers Count Not Updating
So, these are the ways by which you can fix Instagram Followers Count Not Updating or Increasing.
For more articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick updates.
You May Also Like: